Your favourite roleplay genres?

Discussion in 'Role-Play Discussion' started by SteerYourFate, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Monroe

Monroe Newcomer

I get bored with anything except fantasy; usually dark and modern fantasy. Supernatural creatures, abilities, drama. xD

2. PBEMsuggest

PBEMsuggest Newcomer

While I do enjoy fan fiction, I usually prefer original RPGs as opposed to fandom-based ones. My favorite genres tend to be historical and sci-fi ones. I also have a soft spot for games with experimental or weird settings (the now closed Tedison and Redworld being some examples).

RachD likes this.
  3. Gothic

Gothic Newcomer Game Owner

Historical ficiton and post-apoc for me.

4. Wolfe

Wolfe Newcomer

Been on a superpowers kick for a few years now.

I love modern superpowered human settings. So many cool things you can do with it.

5. Belle

Belle Newcomer Game Owner

Harry Potter (exclusively post-potter OCs), and realistic post-apoc (or zombies, but not WD). Very specific, apparently.

6. MagicMike

MagicMike Newcomer

I've only been playing fantasy. High Fantasy. With magic and different races and things. I think its mainly because its the one I can better find and be comfortable with and also the genre most of my friends play.

I would kill for sci-fi and wuxia if given the choice to be honest.

7. I mostly like any animal or fantasy based RPs.

8. Terrea

Terrea Newcomer

Pokemon role plays or anything in the same sort of niche: some sort of battle mechanic, some sort of capture mechanic, some sort of breeding mechanic. Urban fantasy tends to really get me.

9. Pokemon RPs as well with animanga fandom like Naruto along with original animanga fantasy and urban fantasy.

10. KhFanWriter9
    No Mood

KhFanWriter9 Resident Game Owner

Romance with any genre involved

Like Pirate, and modern most.

Anything, but action-romance

11. hatchaplan

hatchaplan Newcomer

I'm a fan of super hero sites, myself.

I really like the idea of southern gothic sites, but I don't like using real life faceclaims :(

12. tophermr
    Amused

tophermr Newcomer Game Owner

I love fantasy, supernatural, and various fandoms the most. Sometimes I will veer from my favorites, but it's very rare that I do.

13. Seraphina

Seraphina Newcomer Game Owner

Realistic historical... all day every day. I love researching the times and history. How people got along in the day to day and what abilities they had in that regard. I figure modern is just... what we do all the time so I love stepping back into bygone eras.

14. Legends Are Lessons

Legends Are Lessons Newcomer Game Owner

I enjoy games with a magical twist. Supernatural and fantasy are faves.

15. Waug

Waug Newcomer Game Owner

Historical and fantasy!

16. Swoopingjobberknolls
    Busy

Swoopingjobberknolls Newcomer Game Owner

I pretty much only play Harry Potter these days. It's the only fandom I feel confident enough in that I never have to look anything up. I used to be more open, but I had time to research things for other fandoms or historical sites or read a lot of backstory for original sites. I mean, I could play present-day slice of life things, but those don't really interest me.

17. MeganChan

MeganChan Resident Game Owner

I usually go for fantasy. But also will do science fiction, and modern.

18. VictorG

VictorG Newcomer Game Owner

I typically play in Scifi, Star Trek usually. But I'm open to other scifi, Superhero, and others.

19. swiftyuki

swiftyuki Newcomer

I love fantasy roleplays!

20. writerlimn

writerlimn Newcomer Game Owner

Historical, fantasy, or Sci-Fi :)