Your favourite roleplay genres?

Discussion in 'Role-Play Discussion' started by SteerYourFate, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Mister Karma
    Lurking

Mister Karma Resident Game Owner

My favorite genres are primarily contemporary, high fantasy or sci-fi. Sometimes a combination of all three in some way.

2. Secret_Circle
    Amazed

Secret_Circle Newcomer Game Owner

I love supernatural modern day, something about supernatural aspects just seem to fit all my desires. That, and with an element of deniability, you can get into some pretty dark stuff without it being too topical.

3. Inkeh
    Badass

Inkeh Newcomer

I mostly enjoy animal or fantasy

Mister Karma likes this.
  4. thewanderer2156

thewanderer2156 Newcomer Game Owner

Supernatural or High Fantasy

5. White Canary

White Canary Newcomer Game Owner

My favorite genre's to RP in are DC and Marvel, Supernatural and apocalyptic.

6. BlueDoctorMan
    Loved

BlueDoctorMan Blueberry Lemming

I mostly roleplay star trek now. So Sci-fi. Next to that I think I can include stuff like tabletop, which includes anything from shadowrun to Dnd, but the dystopian nearby future I love the most. So shadowrun is quite nice.

7. Trisfinn

Trisfinn Newcomer

My favorites are super hero rpgs and fantasy adventures.

8. Antiel
    Magical

Antiel Newcomer Game Owner

I roleplay on animal games for fun, but write humans in my more serious (hopefully-someday-published) writing. Its a good way to keep the worlds distinctly different and to change the pace. :D

9. TheDjinn
    Spooky

TheDjinn Newcomer

While I love role-playing on Harry Potter sites, most of my attention is focused on an original fantasy RP and Pokemon. Once upon a time I loved role-playing Warriors and animal RPs, but I've turned myself to the human world.

10. dwshasta
    Angelic

dwshasta Newcomer

I am eclectic and enjoy almost any genre with the unusual exception of vampires.

11. Tartle
    Batty

Tartle Resident Game Owner

I'm a daydreaming fantasy chick. I love original worlds, medieval settings, and steampunk. I also love dark and romantic themes but mostly dark
    (not horror dark but... enchanting and eerie dark).

12. Sammiie
    Cracking up

Sammiie Newcomer Game Owner

In my beginner days, it was all about the wolf rpgs.

Now, I find I need more to keep me interested. Simple animal RPGs don't cut it anymore. I find them limiting after a while.

My currents are: anthro-canine, demons/powers, and a dog/cat rpg site. In the future, I may look into a Hunger Games or Harry Potter site just for the hell of it :)

13. ohsith
    Yeehaw

ohsith Pickle Game Owner

I'd have to say my favourites are Star Trek, Stargate, Star Wars (If done right. Force User involvement can be an issue), Starship Troopers (Beginning to see a theme here...). I've also played an old west game which was pretty fun, superhero games (Marvel, DC, Other, Original) which have been a mixed bag. Some great, some bad due to players developing a god complex.

14. Cypher

Cypher Newcomer Game Owner

Anything that allows me to capture some action movie flair with fight scenes and set pieces; those are my favorites. I generally play on anime and superhero boards, but what I like to do would easily fit on certain supernatural, fantasy, and sci-fi boards. Anything that would afford me extensive, choreographed melee combat and some explosions, I'm there.

15. Death Kitten
    Kickass

Death Kitten Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Game Owner

I've seriously found that players can make or break a game. A genre or setting I'm less keen on can turn into an amazing game with a good group, and at the other end of it, a bad group or even a single bad player left to run amuck can destroy a game.

ohsith likes this.
  16. ohsith
    Yeehaw

ohsith Pickle Game Owner

I've been most fortunate over the years. Sure I've had to contend with a few bad eggs (haven't we all). Thankfully, my new sim project shouldn't have any problems with bad players. Those I have already are awesome... and the sim is just starting up.

Death Kitten likes this.
  17. Death Kitten
    Kickass

Death Kitten Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Game Owner

Well, if course were awesome. We're the best crew in the 'verse, and Firefly really needs more love that it gets. So much room in the black to develop.

ohsith likes this.
  18. ohsith
    Yeehaw

ohsith Pickle Game Owner

It sure does, my friend. Hopefully, we'll be able to bring some of that much-needed attention. So much potential!!!

19. Rune
    Busy

Rune Newcomer Game Owner

Urban fantasy, Pern... I'm pretty easy to please. Give me werecreatures or dragons and I'm invested.

Death Kitten likes this.
  20. kaydrew

kaydrew Newcomer

Fantasy please. I love Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Merlin, Once Upon a Time. That stuff rocks my socks!