Your favourite roleplay genres?

Discussion in 'Role-Play Discussion' started by SteerYourFate, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Fawkes

Fawkes Newcomer Game Owner

Movies are alright (some are good, some are disappointing). The books are definitely worth a read though. I bet a Robin Hood RP would be fun!

2. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

I think I saw three of them, the first three and I did like them. I started watching another on DVD but from memory I think I never finished it. The Robin Hood game was a blast, just didn't have enough players so it kinda died on me.

3. Fawkes

Fawkes Newcomer Game Owner

Yeah, I've watched some amazing sites die. It's sad to think about. And it's even sadder to watch them die..

4. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

My own has been good for almost 6 years. But yes some of the others I've been a part off sadly passed on. I blame the owner in most cases, as one of my characters has said often, 'the buck stops here'.

5. SithLordOfSnark

SithLordOfSnark Resident Game Owner

I agree Space Rogue. Almost always, when a site dies, it is because the owner stopped caring.

Mim likes this.
  6. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

99% of the time on those sites I've been on that have gone belly up its like "where's Fred?" someone says "I dunno, haven't seen him for months." To the point one of them was a friend of mine on FB. She just disappeared only to turn up with a new account advertising yet another RPG site she started just because she grew tired of the genre of the first one. Consequently word got around she was just a flake. The second site last a few weeks.

7. VodkaSlushy

VodkaSlushy Newcomer

Generally period pieces. Old West or 1920's.

Elena likes this.
  8. SymonDrayson
    Balanced

SymonDrayson Resident Game Owner

I tend to play mostly Star Trek, Star Wars and Vampire themed games. Some Fantasy but not so much anymore.

9. Will wlaker

Will wlaker Newcomer Game Owner

I started with Start Trek, but now I run a Stargate RPG and I love it.

Mim likes this.
  10. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

Com'trya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome gater!!!!!!!!

11. SlumLord
    Benevolent

SlumLord Newcomer Game Owner

Fantasy and science fiction. :)

Mim likes this.
  12. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

Is there any other? :D

SlumLord likes this.
  13. SithLordOfSnark

SithLordOfSnark Resident Game Owner

14. MNHorus
    Cheeky

MNHorus Resident

Anime fandom of some sort, medieval fantasy. Sword and Magic. These are basically my go to rp genres.

15. Sekah

Sekah Newcomer Game Owner

I really like fantasy and historical fantasy.

Elena likes this.
  16. Antares
    Classy

Antares Newcomer Game Owner

I think my favorites are Star Wars, Firefly, and StarGate. I've done a few others... had a lot of fun running a sim based on the show Jericho back in the day. Nothing like post nuclear family time in the midwest lol. But I've ALWAYS played Star Trek... It gets a bit stale from time to time after so long playing it, but I think I'd be lost if I didn't play at least one trek sim lol

17. saintarchangel
    Angelic

saintarchangel Newcomer Game Owner

fantasy, supernatural and scifi or all in together!! ive roleplayed in multiple genres, however, and all can be quite fun in their own ways.

18. ScottRyder

ScottRyder Newcomer Game Owner

I'm a sucker for sci-fi and post apocalyptic.

19. Its been a long affair for me, I began back in the late 70's with medical themed RPG's. That is about how long role play has been around, bored office workers wasting time back then on Fax machines. When I returned to online RPing in the late 90's it was with Stargate and I'm still doing that as well as a few others.

20. Hebe
    Dreaming

Hebe Newcomer Game Owner

I have almost exclusively played Star Trek. For table-top, it's exclusively D&D. There was a short-lived game I played in the early 2000's that I liked where a person starts a random story any anyone could add to it - very improv. That was a lot of fun and it disappeared far too soon.