Your favourite roleplay genres?

Discussion in 'Role-Play Discussion' started by SteerYourFate, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Ammut
    Dr Pepper Addict

Ammut DTD's Resident Cat Lady Game Owner

Dystopian, fantasy, post-apoc, superpowers/gifted, supernatural (not the show), and occasionally real life/towns.

2. RaWolfe
    Woot

RaWolfe Resident Game Owner

I have played quite allot of genre's, but I prefer the sci-fi above them all. Did try medieval, but meh

3. Clover

Clover Newcomer

I used to dive into "gifted" roleplays all the time, but once I got into Zelda rpgs, I never looked back!

4. I think I've primarily done either real life or apocalyptic. Real life, I use that broadly. I've done a lot of crime roleplays, which were super enjoyable!

5. pyrogod22

pyrogod22 Newcomer

fandoms like marvel , xmen , hunger games

6. Wolves. I've tried to dip my toes in other genres be they other animal games, real life, low fantasy or otherwise.

7. Pern and Warrior Cats

8. Ciel

Ciel Newcomer

Hmmm, this has changed for me lately. But, I would say my overall favorites are mythology, historical, and supernatural fantasy.

9. Ruin

Ruin Resident Game Owner

Historical/High fantasy by far. I don't know why, but I really despise modern supernatural and futuristic roleplays, personally.

10. varos
    Balanced

varos Newcomer

Dystopian, steampunk, fantasy, and supernatural roleplays are my favorites. I sometimes enjoy a fandom thread or two, but I tend to get bored of them relatively quickly.

11. Wyvern1

Wyvern1 Newcomer

Warriors

12. TheLadyLoki

TheLadyLoki Newcomer

Fandoms.

Particularly Star Wars, Resident Evil, Marvel, or The Walking Dead.

13. SolarisGuru
    Balanced

SolarisGuru Newcomer Game Owner

Sci-fi with mixed fantasy.

14. Star Army
    Spaced

Star Army Resident Game Owner

I like soft sci-fi/space opera.

15. Kieran

Kieran Resident Game Owner

I've tried animals...Wolves and briefly wild rats...but it wasn't my cup of tea. I can't see myself getting inspired enough even to play a mythical creature (apart from werewolves which are the Love of my life.)

So definitely human, and preferrably fantasy. Real life is great too, and of course the ultimate combo is human + fantasy + real life.
    Therefore no surprise in that Harry Potter RPGs have always been by far my most popular destination whenever looking for a new place to join. Although I have adminned and played, and greatly enjoyed human RPGs set in putely our world as well. In such, I most enjoy historical settings, like 1800's and earlier.

I'm also most fond of fandom RPGs in general. I would love to find a Once Upon A Time rpg that fits all my needs, and a GRIMM based one, too. :P

16. PsySneks
    Badass

PsySneks Newcomer Game Owner

Sci fi, Fantasy, School life, and supernatural/power roleplays

17. Death Kitten
    Kickass

Death Kitten Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Game Owner

Online rp, I've almost entirely stuck with Star Trek, though I've wandered into Steampunk, Stargate, and World of Darkness. I've done a lot of Tabletop rpg though, and I'll try anything once though I tend to enjoy things that are rules light. In the end, finding good people to play/write with is so much more important than the genre for me.

edit: spelling

18. Brittlez
    Barefooter

Brittlez Resident Game Owner

I've never been able to shake High Fantasy Medieval which is why I am part of one XD I love it!

19. AcrossTimeAndSpace
    Adorable

AcrossTimeAndSpace Newcomer Game Owner

Fantasy all the way! I love the idea of being in such a different world that you can have endless possibles

20. circe
    Amazed

circe Newcomer Game Owner

Fandom RPGS for sure, considering I've written on 3 different HP based RP sites in the past 10 years. I gravitate towards canon times or shortly after the canon events unless there's a cracking MP to draw me in! I mostly deal in OCs to so that helps them fit into the story how I can imagine it! :)