What are you using Discord?

Discussion in 'Role-Play Discussion' started by Jax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. hanamene
    Inspired

hanamene Newcomer Game Owner

I swear by Discord. I can be part of multiple servers, and within each there's the option to add multiple channels (topics). I like being able to assign member roles, as well, and there's more options where security is concerned too. Visually, it's a bit better looking in my mind-but that's my opinion, I suppose. And it has a mobile app, so that's helpful too.

Somniac likes this.
  2. ShadowedSin

ShadowedSin Newcomer Game Owner

Discord is pretty amazing especially for centralizing and anchoring a community. It's nice to have separate channels to set up for plots and the roles allows for a lot of useful bits. By having plot gorup roles people who are new can tag everyone to find people, and active plotting / wanted channels lets less active players find the people they are looking for.

Also, you can police and moderate Discord -way- better than skype and cbox.

hanamene likes this.
  3. Waug

Waug Newcomer Game Owner

Discord has made so things so much better for me, it's like skype but better. The widgets people have made make it easy to embed the chat onto your site so it can function like a cbox. Free, mobile friendly, voice and video chat options, just everything! Also there are some great bots that can help with integrating rp elements in like assigning roles for members and other great stuff.

4. sora
    Dreaming

sora Newcomer Game Owner

I definitely prefer discord. It has more options, more control, and more customization. Something that I recently started doing is on my site we have a couple affiliations. So we made a chat room for each of them, and made it so only members with a member can access it. It's been a great way to communicate affiliation specific information and also letting the members communicate freely without other groups snooping.