How long have you been roleplaying?

Discussion in 'Role-Play Discussion' started by Amorous, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Zahara Dessert

Zahara Dessert Newcomer Game Owner

I've been around and about over 10 years... had a couple off in and around things but I played table top games during those times as well...

2. Elllie

Elllie Newcomer

I've been role-playing for about 4-5 years now. Quite proud of that. I've grown quite fast in my writing skills and being able to come up with great characters!

3. White Diamond

White Diamond Newcomer Game Owner

I've been roleplaying in forums for about a good 4 years

4. ISSY

ISSY Newcomer

1998. This is my Twentieth year. I started on AOL chatrooms doing The Lion King. Then I switched to forums and was in an Ancient Rome/Greece/Barbarian RP for many many years. I skipped around to find a new home after that and have landed in Hunger Games most recently.

5. Crystalfrost

Crystalfrost Newcomer Game Owner

Almost ten years. Started when I was a lil' thirteen year old kid with a Warriors RP. How far I've come since then! (at least I like to think so :P)

6. Kiva KJ

Kiva KJ Newcomer

I have been RPing for 13 and a half years. Seems crazy to put a number on it, but there it is, haha

7. eleholly

eleholly Newcomer Game Owner

I am on my almost 12th year. I started on a Harry Potter forum a friend of a friend ran, and after that, I expanded into the world of modern fantasy. It's crazy to think that I've been doing this for that long! It's been a crazy ride, but I've enjoyed it and hope to keep adding to my number for many more years to come.

8. Orion
    Cowabunga

Orion Newcomer Game Owner

Seven years, gosh!!

9. Zahhy

Zahhy Newcomer Game Owner

I've taken time off throughout the years, but I started roleplaying in chat-rooms (MSN AOL, Yahoo etc) and using Geocities back in the early 2000s.

I've also used Facebook Group roleplay which is super fun but now more difficult with all of their profile requirements.

I did a few play-by-emails as chat seemed really difficult and intense after a while so I switched to Forum Roleplay sometime in 2012 and have never looked back.

10. kipling

kipling Newcomer Game Owner

four or five years now, i think :0

Zahhy likes this.
  11. Vermillion

Vermillion Fresh Blood

I've been roleplaying for around 11 and a half years now. I've been in and out of communities and fandoms, but for the most part I've never really lost my love for writing. In fact, my love for RP is what helped be decide to choose English as my major in college and now I've got a degree for writing lol

Zahhy likes this.
  12. Zapy97

Zapy97 Resident Game Owner

I started just a couple years ago on a steam group doing a Space engineers RP. I have hardly strayed from it and it had quite the life especially since I was moderating it. It has probably been like 5 years at the most.

Zahhy likes this.
  13. BobbyB
    Adorable

BobbyB Resident Game Owner

I started some 8 years ago, but I've had a few breaks due to real life and general suckyness of RP partners. I think if we take out the breaks, it's only like 5 or 6 years. It's a great way to expand on your own writing experience and it's often the only writing I do... I can write solo stories, but it goes a lot slower than I'd like

Zahhy likes this.
  14. AsylumJax

AsylumJax Newcomer

A good long time now... must be getting on for 15 years

15. YethorianDravinas
    Frustrated

YethorianDravinas Newcomer Game Owner

Most people may make fun of me for this but I've been roleplaying since I was 6 years old. I started out playing D&D with my character I use now. And I am now 28 so I've been rping for quite a while with the same character. And I've loved all my roleplaying experience.

16. meows
    Batty

meows Newcomer Game Owner

ive been rping for like 12+ years lmao i first started on neopets of all places

17. RP Collective
    Breezy

RP Collective Resident Game Owner

I've been forum RPing with the same community for 11 years in September (gosh, that makes me feel old) but RP'ing in general for a few years longer than that.

18. SRWIgnition

SRWIgnition Newcomer Game Owner

Over 15 years now! Man, where has the time gone? I've gone from being a player to running my own groups and sites!

19. SatoKigen

SatoKigen Fresh Blood

I've been roleplaying since I turned 14 or so... So a good 13 years and counting! Though I've been out of the PBP scene for a while. Just recently opened my site to jump back in!

20. The Rebel

The Rebel Newcomer Game Owner

Hmm I think about 15 years.