Have you ever had a character die in game?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Shriker, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Collapsible Myth
    Creative

Collapsible Myth Resident Game Owner

Have only killed off two of my characters which the first one was part of the plot but something that I was leaving open in hoping that someone would save her. Alas it was not meant to be and at least her death was something spectacular :)

The other one was full of feels as it closed out a long history with another but her life was turning into a personal hell for herself. There was only so much she could do before the full extant of her madness completely changed her for the worse.

2. Maleficent

Maleficent Newcomer

Yes, one of my very first RP characters.

I made Jarrod in 2010, and played him from when he was 11 years old. Along the way he met friends, had relationships, joined an evil terrorist group, got married, had kids, got a divorce, killed a guy, had half his family die on him. The usual life really xD. One day, I just couldn't write him anymore. He used to come to me so easily, but after a few months of trying to write him and failing, I decided it was his way of telling me that he was done </3 I was writing him on a site for four years before I killed him off ;-; I was actually really upset, it was almost like a piece of me died with him.

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Newcomer

I haven't had a charrie die on me yet, but I am planning to. The reason why? Too many charries for me to handle. I always seem to spend more time on the character itself and the bio and tracker then actually rping him/her. ^^; But for this one, I'm planning a good plot to end her life... (I sound so evil... xD)

4. Larian

Larian Fresh Blood

I have one character that I play in most medievalesque settings and it's almost a guarantee that she'll die when I play her. I love her, and a lot of people who play with her enjoy her as a character, but she's someone that other characters love to hate, and it usually ends in death. I suppose she's just a very good antagonist.

Elena likes this.
  5. Divia
    Masquerade

Divia Newcomer

Yes, my most beloved StarWars character, a Jedi knight named Serena died an accidental death of being speared through by a vibroshiv intended for a traitor (and former lover) that was heading toward her, intent on begging for forgiveness. Serena's death was entirely plot-driven; one of the characters in the game had to be sacrificed and I volunteered. I have no regrets, however - as I believe that the experience has made me a better, stronger writer.

Elena likes this.
  6. cookiecutter

cookiecutter Newcomer

Haha yes! I have killed hundreds off, don't think I'll ever stop <_<

7. russianspy24
    Boxed In

russianspy24 Newcomer Game Owner

Yes, and LOVE IT :D

8. Icarus243
    Balanced

Icarus243 Newcomer

So far, not yet. I get attached to my characters lol. It's painful to think about them dying. Though, one of them is probably going to die soon. He's one of my more developed characters.

9. Jero

Jero Fresh Blood

In our clan, players will leave our long-term roleplay. When they leave, their characters turn into faithfully portrayed NPC's until death, which is an event that should serve the plot in the best way possible.

Elena likes this.
  10. Sekah

Sekah Newcomer Game Owner

Hell yeah. I did this intense one week rp where I got no sleep, and both my characters died. One of them just wasted away, the other was torn apart by a monster. It was awesome.

11. Ghostling

Ghostling Newcomer

I've only killed off one character ever; it was for both plot driving reasons and because I had too many at that point to truly devote time to, so I got rid of her, and felt immediately guilty doing so afterwards.

12. Toclafane

Toclafane Fresh Blood

I'm a bit too invested in my characters to watch them die. I'll severely maim them or have them end up in a coma for a while, but death is a bit permanent in that I'll never be able to RP that character again.

13. rhysie

rhysie Newcomer

If I have a character die, its usually because I am bored of playing them. But I usually don't have them die and instead just write them back in case I get muse again.

I remember on this site the other admin went inactive and her character was crucial to the plot. We had her killed off, then she returned so we brought her back to life but then she went inactive again so we put her in a coma lol.

14. Skysails

Skysails Newcomer Game Owner

Not yet! But I want to! I'm building up to an epic death currently, and I want her to die when it hurts the most. But I also have her partnered with a few people and won't do it without their blessing first.

Elena likes this.
  15. korinxyla

korinxyla Newcomer

I've only had one character die in-character; though I'm completely OPEN to it. I view RP as being very collaborative, and if I'm not having 'ultra-mega plots/desires' for my character, I'll allow them to be killed by another character if it furthers the storyline. Now, if the death is just random/doesn't serve any kind of purpose, I'll avoid it.

My character was struck by lightning and as he lay there basically clinging to life, an old friend of his stumbled upon him and mercy-killed him to put him out of his misery.

16. Enzeru

Enzeru Newcomer

After I left a forum due to a falling out with the owners, someone killed my character off in a very bad way. Other than that, I've not had one die or killed one off. I don't really count that as they did not have my permission.

17. hayomayo

hayomayo Newcomer

it's so hard for me killing off my characters and have only one it maybe once or twice haha. but when i do it's completely for plot reasons.

18. Wiley

Wiley Newcomer

I'm quite happy to kill off my characters, so long as there is a reason for it. That being said, yeah, it's happened quite a number of times. The most recent character I killed off was a knight, and his death was for plot-reasons. He ended up coming back to life through said plot, using magic and necromancy. ;)

19. Csstaff

Csstaff Newcomer

Oh yes..a few of them..I think this is important and keeps the forum realistic. Of course I have a few favs but to me it isn't hard to come up with characters and I can even recycle some ideas if I want to so really are they dying since its my imagination? People get so caught up in their characters and the progress they've made with them and I can understand that but all good things must come to an end and honestly I think it helps anyone grow as a writer and rper. Saying goodbye might be hard but its a must sometimes!

20. LordAo

LordAo Newcomer

I've killed off a lot of characters, but there's always that ONE that sticks with you, you know? The one that you wrote RIGHT, the one that you knew you could never replicate again in another, different character. That one, when you kill it off, drives the stake through your heart. I admit I cried a little on that one.