Games Favourite Video Games and the Ones You're Playing Now

Discussion in 'Chatterbox' started by Hastur Carcosa, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Thief

Thief Newcomer

I've been gaming since I was about three years old. My parents bought me a Super Nintendo for whatever reason, and I went with it ever since. I've always had consoles in my life but within the last few years I became exclusively (well, almost. I cheated and got a PS3 a year or so ago) a PC gamer. Though I still own a handheld Nintendo system for every Pokemon game that comes out.

Currently playing Borderlands 2 still with my gf, her two first games when I introduced her to gaming were Pokemon and Borderlands. I also play Magicite, Terraria, Left 4 Dead and Risk of Rain pretty frequently. I love RPGs, but especially indie roguelike rpgs.

2. Zozma
    Unlucky

Zozma Spider Demon Game Owner

I almost bought this game twice now and both times ended up not buying it. You make me regret my decision!

3. VirusZero

VirusZero Resident Game Owner

@Thief

Borderlands 2 you say? What class(es) are you playing?

Also, what platform are you playing on?

As for games I'm playing right now... I've largely been playing Killzone: Mercenaries. (Attempting to get that darned 10 kill streak trophy. Except I keep running into other players who use rocket launchers. Also, online trophies suck. )

4. You should definitely try it. It's on my most-enjoyable games list. I personally thought the story was a little bit lacking in a few departments, but that game ate my soul because of the combat system. It is fun. It is addicting. Some people say it's the final fantasy game that never was... but I wouldn't know, but I really don't play the final fantasy games, except for 10 (and I did like that, but not 10-2).

Anyway, some of my favorite games have been, in no particular order:
    1. .hack series. (Can you imagine my hopes for another awesome game with the new VR system by Sony and Oculus?)
    2. Pokemon. Classic. This is a must for me.
    3. Xenosaga. Despite it's butchering...
    4. Banjo Tootie! <3
    5. Diddy Kong Racing
    6. Devil May Cry (Yes, as it so happens, I enjoyed Ninja Theory's version)
    7. .hack series.
    8. Metal Gear Rising (if only for the soundtrack alone that left me pumped the entire time. That and I love me some Raiden~)
    9. Halo 4 (I watched my BF play through this and I just... loved the story. Short and sweet.)

5. Nerf Herder
    Inspired

Nerf Herder Newcomer

Favorite video games: Halo Series, Homefront, Ryse Son of Rome, Mass Effect Series.
    I'm Currently playing: Watch Dogs

6. LithiYum

LithiYum Newcomer

Well, as most Square Enix and Final Fantasy would know, the FFX- X2 remaster just released not long ago, and I've got to admit... I love it just as much the second go round as I did the first!! So excited to be able to do the save transfer thing with the Vita, too.

Sphere grid grinding in the bath tub?

I have found Nirvana.

7. Mydlas

Mydlas Newcomer

I loved journey and nothing for me would beat Amnesia and Silent Hill. I love atmosphere in those, but I also like some other games as Journey and others I can't think....

Oh, and Resonance of fate, I didn't made it through yet, I am lazy.

8. Currently I'm rediscovering old old old games I never had the chance to play as a kid (mainly because my father always insisted on keeping one computer for a decade or so. We were always obsolete.) At the moment, I'm sand-boxing around in Age of Mythology and Civ III.

(I would get on steam and play newer things, but my laptop is officially a piece of crap that can barely handle decade old games because it's processor is, how do I put this, shot.)

9. I've recently just made my way through a game my sister loaned me - Catherine. It is very weird, but at the same time pretty cool! The puzzles can get a little frustrating though :/

10. Kaia

Kaia Newcomer

I'm not a big gamer, so I bounce between a select few. Right now I'm on a Sid Meier's Civ V binge. Other than that its usually Sims.

11. Claire

Claire Resident

I bought the Dragon Age Inquisition - Inquisitor's Collector's Edition:

[​IMG]

It was so worth it for $169.99 >_>

12. KaiozKeitaro

KaiozKeitaro Fresh Blood

Minecraft and Zelda.

13. Gypsy

Gypsy Newcomer

Dragon age games, civilization, banished.

Guilty pleasure: The sims.

14. Stockmon

Stockmon Newcomer

I like a whole lot of games. I've beat Dragon Age 2 at least four times... and will continue to do so, but that's another story. My all time favorite games are Tales of Symphonia, and Star Ocean: Until the End of Time.

15. Maleficent

Maleficent Newcomer

First video game I ever really got into was Harvest Moon on my old Playstation! Seems like such a long time ago.

Now it's Assassin's creed, Skyrim, Anything TES really, Amnesia, The Last of Us, TWD game, I love survival >D

16. Stockmon

Stockmon Newcomer

Harvest Moon is a lovely video game. *nod*

17. schrutie

schrutie Newcomer

Right as I write this I'm playing Skyrim (multitasking ftw) my character is a female Khajiit and her name is Rogue... I'm currently 56% into the trophies for this game.

Some games I have enjoyed/enjoy are... Assassin's Creed II (as of right now I have only played the second one XD), Batman: Arkham Asylum, Borderlands 1 & 2, Defiance, Diablo 3, Grand Theft Auto, Left 4 Dead, the LEGO games, Mass Effect, Minecraft, Mortal Kombat, Saints Row (3 & 4, didn't really like 2) Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, World of Warcraft (I stopped playing a year ago)

I own Bioshock 1 & 2, Dragon Age, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Fallout: New Vegas, and The Last of Us that I want to play, but I'd like to finish up Skyrim and maybe Borderlands first lol

I'm mostly an achievement/trophy hunter type of player, though I find myself coming back to Minecraft a lot.

18. mstrsskit

mstrsskit Newcomer

One of my favorites still is and probably always will be Legend of Zelda OoT. I've been playing Tomb Raider on PS3, but I don't get much time to play on my PS3 anymore or I probably would have finished it, haha.

Unless some of my friends and I are having a nostalgic night then we'll have some drinks and play Super Mario World on my SNES.

19. Rennat

Rennat Newcomer

Currently playing FF13, to get to FF13-2 (both of which I've started but not finished in the past) FFX to get to FFX-2 (same deal) Persona 2, Persona 3, Persona 4 (the latter two of which I've beaten in the past, though I'm not playing the portable version of 3)

20. Zee

Zee Newcomer

My favorite game right now is one called Transistor. It's a beautiful game, not terribly long, but emotionally wrecked me for a couple weeks. The art work is amazing, the soundtrack is amazing, the storyline is amazing. All around, it is just amazing. You can't not fall in love with the characters.