Favorite RP Genre

Discussion in 'Chatterbox' started by Carv, Aug 6, 2016.

1. flea_rave

flea_rave Newcomer

i've consistently loved realistic/semi-realistic animal rps since i first started rping. i also love western and supernatural stuff.

2. Fantasy - Semi Fantasy Animal. I stopped doing most of my human rpg just because nothing has grabbed my attention.
    I enjoy being able to create my OC's on specific open worlds that allow them <3

3. caporushes
    Caffeine Fix

caporushes Newcomer Game Owner

I definitely am a big fantasy person. I think I said this elsewhere, but I just really like having something fantastical/supernatural to play with. Even if my character isn't themselves magical or what have you, it's just fun for me to push against...

4. NascentRP

NascentRP Newcomer

Ultra realistic

5. silvyfish

silvyfish Newcomer Game Owner

I love love love modern horror/supernatural.

6. sci-fi gets me going! specifically dystopian and space settings that have a conflict going on. would love to see more horror rps though, i love them but have only written them on private sites w/friends.

7. Pox924

Pox924 Newcomer

Urban fantasy but my only game right now is sci fi and I love it so much <3

8. white_sand_empire

white_sand_empire Newcomer Game Owner

Fantasy. But only if the word is fleshed out. Not a fan of fantasy for fantasy sake. AKA magic doesn't need a lick of logic or systems behind it.

9. Peaky-Blinder
    Badass

Peaky-Blinder Newcomer Game Owner

I've dabbled in many different genres. But I tend to enjoy most of all things with a historical element or fantasy. Days and worlds gone by. Things that take you far far away from the messy world we live in today. Not that the world hasn't always been messy, but I like things that take me away from my reality. And my favourite shows and reads always tend to be period pieces or fantasy, so naturally that plays a big part too.

10. ladyquack
    Cowboy

ladyquack Newcomer Game Owner

Harry Potter, Star Trek, or modern fantasy/supernatural.

11. Aphachea
    Cowabunga

Aphachea Newcomer Game Owner

I agree with this. For me it's mostly fantasy and slice-of-life, but it's those fantastical elements that give you some nice escapism what really suck me in.

12. Bowie

Bowie Newcomer Game Owner

after experimenting with a few different genres, I would hafta say I def love a good fantasy with some good ol' horror elements to spice it up

13. AlmaMont

AlmaMont Newcomer Game Owner

Hard to pick, really, but for me there always needs to be some sense of fantasy or escapism mixed in. I don't find plain-old humans in a very regular town or city setting very interesting. But change their circumstances (add politics, titles, royalty, etc.) and then it becomes a very different thing that could be up my alley.

14. Johnny
    Cowboy

Johnny Newcomer Game Owner

Anything with a dark sci-if slant tends to speak to me

15. Cirago
    Overworked

Cirago Resident Patron

Original setting fantasy/medieval is my genre of choice! I've always wanted to try a more sci-fi oriented setting at some point, but so many are based on fandoms. As much as I enjoy a lot of those shows/media, I always feel like I don't have a deep enough knowledge to really RP it well with people who are superfans.

But in an original setting, everyone starts off on equal footing :3 and I love the concept of magic and the freedom it brings to RP scenarios!

16. Fantasy and action for sure!

17. Rayo
    Insomnious

Rayo Newcomer

Fantasy, either humans or animals!

odd likes this.
  18. Honey
    Jammie

Honey Newcomer

I started off with medieval/fantasy and slid into dark/urban fantasy a few years later. These are my core genres I think - I always seem to come back to them. I've only ever really RPed original settings, though, I've never tried anything fan-based.

odd likes this.
  19. catastrophic

catastrophic Newcomer

i have dabbled in a lot of different genres. however, real life has just kind of been my go to. it is nice to have a fictional location with fictional people to live out their every day lives in comparison to my own! LOL but i also love harry potter and supernatural, if i get myself a good character idea!

20. TheDoorman

TheDoorman Newcomer

My history with the fast and loose nature of WinMX chat RP in the early 2000s, and years in the RhyDin community after that, has made me really attached to multi-genre free-form "anyone can get here from anywhere and anywhen" settings. I think it's not as popular as it used to be, but it lets me stretch my creative muscles the most.