Character Hobbies

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Meushell, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Star Army
    Spaced

Star Army Resident Game Owner

Hanako, my starship captain, is a militaria collector and collects pieces of uniforms and gear from the various factions she encounters. It's got to the point where she now has a museum for the collection to be displayed.

2. Kieran

Kieran Resident Game Owner

Jacob enjoys visiting gym, bowling, fishing, going to movies, reading and camping. Yes, he's good at those that require skill.

His partner, Carrie, enjoys drawing/painting, movies, reading, photographing, walking/running in nature, cooking and camping.
    She's great at drawing, nothing special at photographing, and a good cook.

Their son, Hunter, (pre-pubescent); camping, baseball and European football - (plays in his school's football team), singing, video games and board games, Matchbox cars - (collects them), RC cars and airplanes (toy versions), exploring, reading (fantasy, horror, adventure and detective novels), and pranking.
    ---> He's average at baseball and football, a fantastic singer, good at video games and great at pranking. :D

Their daughter, Freya, (pre-pubescent); drawing, reading, drama club / acting, collecting stuff, board games, camping, and creative writing.
    --> She's good at drawing, okay actor for school productions (as is her brother by the way), and good at creative writing.

Then there's Asa, also pre-pubescent; drawing - (has exceptional talent), football & baseball - (okay), skateboarding - (okay, and doesn't actually participate at ramps or anything, just skates on the streets), collects Matchbox cars, collector cards and seashells, adventuring, video games - (good at), and board games.

His mum, Shana; Baking, cooking, garage sales, writing a journal, reading to kids, shopping, traveling, hiking, gardening, dining out, reading (fantasy novels and non-fiction)...
    Haven't really thought of yet how good she may or may not be in those, except for her sure being a good cook.

His dad, Scott; Bowling, running, visiting gyn, garage sales, traveling, watching movies, dining out, video ganes...
    Again, haven't thought of skill levels yet.

But thank heavens for internet. I wouldn't want to be thinking these up without Google. Because I usually try to come up with several hobbies in order to create more game event and new relationship chances.

3. refelian
    Balanced

refelian Batman

Strangely every character I've written has had fencing as a hobby - different swords and different skill levels - but one common hobby. I think because it's something I do I can write it comfortably and with some authenticity. Apart from that, I try and tailor hobbies to the character and role they're taking.

4. Annastasia

Annastasia Newcomer

Alex: Biting her lip, playing with her piercings

Damian: Twirling a pencil, nibbling his nails