1. Have a cool idea? Unsure if anyone other than yourself also thinks that it is cool? Use this board to find out if anyone else is interested!

1. You may not link to any sites unless that site is already listed on RPGfix.
    2. You must be a full member (10+ posts) of RPGfix to start a thread on this board.
    3. See an idea you enjoy? Like the first post of the thread, or reply to the author. Please do not send PMs as the purpose of this board is to keep the results public.
    4. When you believe your Interest Check has run its course, please change your thread prefix to Closed

Interest Check Wheel of Time

Discussion in 'Interest Check' started by Mim, Oct 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

Recently on my forum we've started discussions to create a Wheel of Time RPG. We do have some interested players but I would really like to get some more recruits (flesh blood so to speak) in on this.

Our premise so far. (Quoted from forum member)

Let see... If we are thinking of a small group of people traveling together, we could use the general idea that I am using in the scroll of binding. My story is sort off parallel to what's happening in the book, rather than after when the world has changed. I haven't sent the main character onto her quest yet, that will happen in Caemlyn.

Basically, there is a scroll that explains the weave that was used to bore a hole in the pattern that allowed the Dark One to touch the pattern. The leader of the Green Ajah will send whatever Green that can be spared into the mountains of Doom to find that scroll and destroy it since even the Tower folks can't be trusted not to be darkfriends. Only, darkfriends/black ajah are also after that scroll in hopes to hasten the arrival of their master.

In this case, it could be people who happened to be grouped together due to whatever event who hear about it and decided to band together to go stop the coming of Shaitan. If we make it parallel and AU rather than after, we could still use a lot of events from the books and if we happen to change something like killing a forsaken that shouldn't die before a couple of months as per the book, well, it's AU. We've helped Rand. [​IMG]

There's the possibility of meeting with Children of the Light, who's current leader has knowledge that this group his trying to hinder the design of its true master. A band of thieves, a fist of trolloc and other worse creatures. They could even have hounds after them..

2. SithLordOfSnark

SithLordOfSnark Resident Game Owner

I would definitely be interested in a Wheel of Time RPG if the things I look for in a site are true.

Mim likes this.
  3. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

That would be fabulous Sith. We're gathering adventurers right now from different corners of the map so to speak. We're weaving great character arcs even with the few posts we've made. It will be real WoT with great writers and I know you'd love it