What social networking sites do you use the most?

Discussion in 'Chatterbox' started by Shriker, Sep 25, 2013.

?

What social networking sites do you use the most?

1. Facebook

65.5%
  2. Twitter

29.6%
  3. Google+

7.0%
  4. Tumblr

31.7%
  5. LinkedIn

1.4%
  6. Other

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

I'm just curious what people end up spending most of their time on these days. My guess is Facebook since it makes it so easy to connect with people (and spans several generations now), probably followed by Tumblr.

If you don't use social networking sites, why not? I tend to steer clear of a few of them due to issues with their privacy policies.

2. Twitter by a long margin. Twitter is also the only service I'll use to follow businesses and other non-specific people, for the most part.

Tumblr I use to post things, but there's minimal interaction with the audience because it's the most inconvenient possible platform for that. Plus, I have my dashboard permablocked because infinite scrolling fandom gifs will be the death of me and any shred of productivity.

Facebook I use to keep in touch with people that don't use the other parts of the Internet, but that is it. My Facebook is the most private, but I say the least things there, lol.

RachD and Invisie like this.
  3. Is it bad that I only use FB? LOL

4. Invisie

Invisie internet forever Curator

What @Kiriska says. I don't hardly ever actually post or comment on Facebook; the most I do is like things now and again. I have like 40 friends and don't follow anything because most of the people I have on Facebook are real life people and god forbid they discover I have a personality or something. >_> I don't know; it's been that way forever, so.

On the other hand, I maintain like twelve Twitter accounts between work, projects, and myself... hoo buddy. >_> I did stop using it altogether for about a year though. Just had little to say, I guess? Dunno!

I use Instagram to post pictures of my cats and I will probably abandon it shortly because it is a novelty of having a phone from this century... I kind of post on Tumblr, but nothing personal? I am too lazy/timestrapped to do a real blog so I shove stuff to Tumblr, basically. LinkedIn mostly rots... useful for finding jobs and stuff, but otherwise eh. I've never touched Google+ for personal use.

5. I was going to pick g+, because that used to be the only site i would use regularly. But i never really spend time on social networks online. I use email to network and keep up with people who are to far away for face to face, or for phone calls.Tumblr i dont get, twittee is something i only use commercially for work, i dont have a facebook account.My linked in account is only used when i am looking for a job.Huh, even my photibucket account is private! and there are no pics of me online, at least none of me since to 70s. I am extremely private, and even hesitate to post certain pics if they can pinpoint my location. No one online needs to know about my rl. Funny enough, i share just about everyting online essily enough with rl friends and family. No need to hide what i do online :psrry for format. android tablet doesnt seem to do new line by returnd...

6. Kitsufox
    Caffeine Fix

Kitsufox Resident Game Owner

I use Facebook alot, to communicate with a few groups of friends who've spread out. I'm on pretty much every social network, though. I do Social Media Marketing as part of my job. Other than Facebook for what I use personally: I love Pinterest. And I'm playing with Instragram. We'll see if it sticks.

7. xmxsummer

xmxsummer Newcomer Game Owner

I use Facebook all the time at work xD (on lunch and after we're all done with patients and stuff) but mostly for Candy Crush and other misc. games, and watching random videos or looking at pictures. I occasionally will go on Pintrest, one of my coworkers goes on there alllll the time and finds all these cool recipes lol.

8. Rivers

Rivers Fresh Blood

I use Facebook the most, but I'm already starting to use it less. I think if it weren't for the fact that event invitations and important group plans are mostly made on Facebook, I would be there less.

9. Iztak
    Sporty

Iztak Resident Game Owner

I had been on Facebook since 2003, but quit over a year ago. I just didn't like the constant access people felt like they had to me, using facebook statuses and the horrible messaging/chat system to demand my attention. It started to feel required rather than fun. That being my experience, I quit.

But...I like G+, mostly because no one is on it but my family. I also think it LOOKS better. So my family uses G+ as our personal social network, and that's nice.

I have come to looove Tumblr. It's so anonymous and lovely and all the pictures and communities you can stare at all day. <3

10. Valium

Valium Newcomer Game Owner

facebook definitely. and twitter. i dont use tumblr though. but facebooks is pretty easy to use. twitter as well :D

11. VirusZero

VirusZero Resident Game Owner

I never joined facebook largely because at the time I first heard of it I was very much against posting any sort of details about myself online (that hasn't really changed either). And I didn't want to be a part of it. Even though all my friends jumped right onto it and were using it more than their phones or email or etc...
    Even now, I'm glad I stayed off it because of all the privacy problems/concerns regarding facebook. Not to mention that catastrophe where they were using data collected from people to sell products without their permission. (So if you liked a product the next time your friend signed on they might be shown an ad with your face saying you endorsed the product.)

I have several google accounts (which I got for email) though only 1 of them has anything more than that. (I opted out of google plus for one account because I did NOT want it at all. And I did not like how it immediately forced me to make a plus account, even though I only signed up for email. I don't know if it's still possible to opt out of plus now or not. But I'm not interested in making any more google accounts to find out.)
    Even then, the plus account I do have (for my site) sits untouched because I'm not sure I really want to use it. I still look at it and feel a bit angry/resentful that it was forced on me if I wanted to keep my youtube account as more than a husk. I still look at it occasionally and wonder if I can actually close my plus account and completely remove it without crippling my youtube account. I doubt it though.

I have twitter and Tumblr and I check them maybe once a day, if I remember. I very rarely ever post anything to them because I really don't know what I want to say on them (they're for my sites also so I don't like using them for personal things). I don't have a personal tumblr or twitter and I highly doubt I ever will.

12. NekoHime

NekoHime Newcomer

Honestly most the social networks have gone to hell these day. None of them are really that good to be honest with you guys

Mim likes this.
  13. Zozma
    Unlucky

Zozma Spider Demon Game Owner

I use Facebook but I don't do much there now except share stuff, like stuff, and talk to my mom or sister. Even then, I'd rather visit in person. I use Tumblr but mostly just reblog. I tried to write stuff there a few times. Didn't go well because I'm too opinionated and at the time, didn't realize it was a mortal sin to tag the fandoms I was talking about. I use Pinterest but only for my characters (I have boards for each one that I use for inspiration, pictures of things they like, how I imagine their house, their family, their pets, etc). I have Twitter but it honestly still confuses me how it works so I just post RP stuff and hope it's actually doing its job. I have Livejournal but only use it to test my HTML ads now. I hate Google+ after it forced me to have one for a Youtube account I've had since '06.

Honestly, I'm not that big a fan of most social networking sites anymore.

14. Elena
    Arthritic

Elena Resident Game Owner

Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, all for my site mostly, but Facebook also for talking with friends and relatives.

15. Krause

Krause Newcomer

I use facebook to network with people I know personally, LinkedIn is a site I have to use for professional networking (gfx designers, web designers, represent) but I probably use tumblr more than anything else. I just don't know how much I really consider tumblr a social networking site, it's more of a portfolio of my interests with little interaction.

16. Spiffy

Spiffy Newcomer

Honestly, I don't really see tumblr as a social-networking sort of thing, but as long as it's included.. Then I'd have to say that one, definitely.

17. Danjeresque

Danjeresque Newcomer

I'm a crackbook addict. :/ Mostly so I can play scrabble. Like a boss. And you know, stalk people. I mean, friends. Stalk friends.

18. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

@Spiffy I totally don't see Tumblr as much of a social network either (they actually make it really difficult to communicate in a way)... it's kind of something else, but has a few similarities. Maybe more like, social broadcasting/re-broadcasting? :) It's been really interesting to see it gain so much traction with the younger generation.

19. Draegon

Draegon Newcomer

Just Twitter and Google Plus for me. I use Plus to meet other writers, readers and designers through the communities there. Twitter I tend to use to find articles in my areas of interest by following related accounts. I've stopped using them for roleplay promotion. It may have been really fun to tease members, but you need the right members for that and over the years I used them for my old forum, we did not get one registration through them XD That's why I tend to use them as I do now.

RachD likes this.
  20. Helixagon

Helixagon Resident Game Owner

Just facebook right now. I plan to foray out into twitter and tumblr, but don't have the stomach for it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.