Treatments for Writer's Block

Discussion in 'Writing' started by Archivist, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Short and simple- how do you work through writer's block?

2. listen to music helps me.

3. For me writers block is usually stress or focus related (and sometimes you can't focus cause of the stress). So I gotta get rid of the stress and the chaos. I tend to put game music in that case. Game music is specifically designed to hold your attention so you keep playing more and longer, so it's a good way to get into focus quickly and drown out all other things.

Elena likes this.
  4. I tend to be one of those people who feels bad if I do one thing before another task that is more "important". But then I might be stuck on the larger/priority task... which leads to nothing getting done at all. It's not a bad thing to take a break from a task, work on other things, and return to it in a timely manner, hopefully with fresh eyes.

Another issue is if I feel like I'm not doing something justice-- it's easy to get an idea of what an 'ideal' is, and drag your feet if you can't read that. A few months ago I joined an art community though, where this video was posted... it's helped a ton in forcing me and convincing me to just forge ahead. The motto should be "Finished, not perfect".