The Lady hath arrived!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lady B, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady B

Lady B Guest

Hello to all!
    I go by Lady B. I've been around for a while. But always rather fascinated, if not dumbfounded, when I come across new boards, sites, etc. :)

Hmmm... let's see... where to start...
    Well, I've been role playing online in progressive written stories - forums, chat lists, chat rooms, etc - for almost 15 yrs! Yes, I know. Crazy, isn't it?
    Feels like I've done just about anything. I've rped Transformers, Star Wars, Stargate, The Patriot, Pirates of the Caribbean, Sleepy Hollow, Phantom of the Opera, and a few other non-fandoms, a couple historical. I've run a LOT of RP story sites, groups, forums, etc. I currently have a couple active ones.

Offline... I'm Radio Announcer with KCII in Iowa. My hobby (or lifestyle as some people put it) is historical reenacting, mainly I do 18th century from the Golden Age of Piracy to the American Revolution.

Looking forward to some fun here.

~Lady B

Shriker likes this.
  2. Eve

Eve Resident

Hey there Lady B and welcome. Historical reenacting, that sounds so fun. The closest I've gotten to that is dressing up for, and occasionally working in, my local renaissance fair. How often do you do these reenactments? I bet you a have ton of costumes!

3. Copycat
    Wishful

Copycat Newcomer Game Owner

Hey Lady~! I've been floating around the net for about 8 years now, and honestly I know that feel when you look back at all the roleplays you've done and say, "Well, what now!". It's good to have you here for whatever RPGFix may hold for us.

I always wonder though, do you know any good star wars sites to play on? I never seem to find one that's very active, or has much going on. I've wanted to for a long time, but it never seems to come around :U

4. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Hi, Lady B! That is really quite the list of different fandoms you've participated it. Really awesome. ^_^ What chat rooms did (do you?) roleplay in? I used to hang out in Yahoo Chats ages ago, a few MU*s, as well as various BeSeen chatrooms before those went under.

5. *waves* Hello.

I have only ever dressed up as a bear and a dog (You know Spot? From the kids books? I got tricked into dressed up as him, for promotion reasons). Though... as a 7 year old kid, I did once dress up as a naval captain from the 1800s... ominous, eh?

6. Lady B

Lady B Guest

Hi, Eve! It's A LOT of fun! At least, to me it is. So much history that is learned and in a way, I'm like a teacher, but also liken to a person from the past that has come to life! It's amazing to watch the fascinated faces of people when you tell the stories of why Pirates did what they do or what really happened during the American Revolution. The attire (as it's beyond costumes, we wear them a LOT) is well researched and many will work hard to get it as exact as possible to the time period. It's not easy, does take time, and often people rotate or make new attire. Typical as it's a reality of life. :) But it's fantastic to portray a proper Gentlewoman, who's well accomplished in everything, who has been forced from her home and unsure of where to go when the British invade Charleston (which it was called Charlestown back then). It is a version of role play and my best and favorite stories come from my reenactments! I even used those events as a history to my Pirate Persona. It makes her life quite colorful and alive! People are fascinated by it!
    Not many get involved or stay involved. Especially now. I don't do it as often as I'd like to due to the cost of gas alone. Events I used to attend are on average 6 hrs away! So you can imagine the cost is far more than it used to be when I started back in 2001. So, unfortunately, I really have to pick and choose and unfortunately save up.
    Yes. Unfortunately I have A LOT! Too many! LOL. I've been looking at dwindling on some of the attire. Some of the costumes I have for cosplay (like my Wraith Queen outfits) are still in the development phase and have been placed on the backburner for various reasons. But, I do my best to keep altering, making better, more realistic and accurate pieces so I can portray better.
    I used to go to Ren Faires with a few people. Not to sound snotty, but... I find it... lacking and not as grand as when I reenact. With reenacting, Fact is indeed far more exciting and stranger than fiction!

LOL.. Yup, Copycat! I can't believe I've been role playing online that long! I've seen A LOT of RPs come and go! And alas, no I don't. I haven't been involved with a Star Wars RP in a LONG, LONG time!
    :: nods :: That seems to be the plague right now, isn't it? RPs that are not regularly active. I've seen a LOT of great RPs died because people simply disappear. I only disappeared once from an RP and that was because my computer got a virus. Yes, I tried for MONTHS to try and contact someone but every time I emailed, no response and when I tried to get onto that site, I got the red screen that sreamed "VIRUS HERE!" so to speak. So... it was nearly a year later until I finally got a hold of someone. But that only happened once.
    I have been pondering about doing Star Wars again. But... only if the RP is active. I miss writing my Jedi Master character. ;)

Hi, Inversia. Many of the chat rooms were through AOL many years back. One of the major ones, is one I ran for "The Patriot". We had a great number of people participate with a large number of characters. It's how I learned to type fast and with a speedy mental means to post. Instantly I can usually whip up some post. You generally have to in a chat room setting. :) Just like in real life, instantly react.
    I still have a few Yahoogroups that I haven't had the heart to delete or leave. I was in one Transformers MUSH that has since become defunct. Been on MySpace and RPed there (only because it was my piratey persona and it seemed perfect for RP at the time, now... it's good for nothing!). So yes, I've been around. :) However, I just won't RP on Facebook. That just ends up to be a disaster anyways!

Hi, Daenelia! Hahahaha, yes dressing up is fun! Just as Actors/Actresses say it's easy for them to get into character only when they get into the costume... they are right. :) You really do at that point become that character! You are no longer yourself. :)

~Lady B

7. Eve

Eve Resident

Ah yes, I imagine there is a lot that can be learned from doing things like that. I know I have certainly learned a lot about the renaissance from the few times I've worked at my local fair, but I do agree that they aren't as done up as a reenactment would be. They're not really shooting for pinpoint accuracy and it's more about just remembering a bygone age. It's too bad your events have become so expensive though, as I'm sure you'd go to them all if you could. :)

8. Lady B

Lady B Guest

:: nods :: I'm hopelessly keep dreaming that gas prices 'll go down. That's the ONLY thing that's making it expensive. Otherwise, it's fairly doable. 6 hrs one way with gas at the current price, you can imagine how "OUCH" that is. :)
    Yeah, Ren Faires... some have a fair handle on the history, but mostly it's a commercial venture and quite relaxed unlike reenactments which is strictly historical to a specific event or time frame.

~Lady B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.