Feedback Testimonial

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Kitsufox, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitsufox
    Caffeine Fix

Kitsufox Resident Game Owner

I know that there's no purpose built place for this sort of thing, but I figured that I would post once, since I noticed something that's really cool for both my RPG and this place this morning.

In the few weeks since Children of StarClan has been approved RPG Fix has become one of my top 10 referrers (according to Google Analytics). RPG Fix is being beaten out only by Google, Warriors Wiki, and DeviantArt! So, Thank you RPG Fix for directing so much traffic my way!

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

I'm glad it's been working for you. :) Hopefully with the next site upgrade, we'll be able to push even more traffic your way.

3. Not to rain on your parade, but in the nearly 2 years that Steamhawke has been on the list, we get about 1 hit every 6 months. Even since the revamp we havent had many more hits from RPGFix. I understand that a lot of that has to do with our rp theme not being popular, but we're really not gaining much traffic from here.

Nevertheless, RPGFix is a goodlooking site with a an awesome community waiting to happen. I can live without the hits :)

4. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Most sites have been doing pretty decently click-wise and view-wise, and there is a really good hit bonus at the moment for people who who are actively using the voting system. However, the tracking metrics are also going to go down a little bit with this new setup, as I switched to JavaScript tracking in favour of getting people better Page Rank when they submit their sites. So while hits/clicks out from RPGfix may go down, your overall place with Google and other search engines will go up. That said, it is far more beneficial for a new site to list with us, than it is for an older and established site (eg. if your site is listed in DMOZ already, we're just an extra flourish on the cake).

5. I like cake with flourishes. :)

6. wickedleaf

wickedleaf Newcomer

I mostly just wanted to say HI KITSU. *totally nostalgic for Marl days*

All of this is really good information to have. Getting the word out and getting people excited for new games is HARD, so the fact that you guys are seeing success is really heartening... especially what Iversia has told us. :)

Kitsufox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.