TV T.V. Shows

Discussion in 'Chatterbox' started by Zack Heights, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Bamf

Bamf Resident Game Owner

Any comic book show- no matter how bad. Supernatural. Dr. Who. Golden Girls.

2. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

Currently watching a LOT of cooking shows on the Food Channel. Guy Fiera, man is he so cool. Diners, Drive ins and Dives xd

3. molzify

molzify Newcomer Game Owner

I have just started Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix and its good but I find the female lead Sheila (played by Drew Barrymore) very irritating in some episodes, don't know if anyone feels the same with me on that XD

Mim likes this.
  4. otherspacer
    Amazed

otherspacer Newcomer Game Owner

Shows I'm watching lately include:

* Taboo (really starting to get good after about five episodes)
    * The OA (Netflix)
    * Emerald City (NBC)
    * And my current favorite, The Expanse (SyFy), which EVERYONE who loves science fiction should watch!

Mim likes this.
  5. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

I looked it up here in Australia, only available on cable....sigh. The story of my TV life of late.

6. otherspacer
    Amazed

otherspacer Newcomer Game Owner

Not even on Netflix?

7. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

Let me check that. Yeah its on Netflix, which I don't have. I only watch regular TV channels.

8. Icewolf

Icewolf Newcomer Game Owner

Mine are quite varied and a lot of them are old. I would say that the biggest ones for me are Star Trek (Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager, mainly.), Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis (never seen Universe, sadly, but I hope to get around to it one day.) Buffy/Angel, Bitten, and more recently Vikings and The Last Kingdom.

I would say that my favourite genres are fantasy, urban fantasy, science fiction and historical dramas. (As long as the historical is based either around war, the dark ages or centered around normal people, rather than aristocracy, I like it.) I do like the occasional police drama, but it depends on how its written. There are a lot of shows I've missed because I tend to get dvds now rather than watch them when they are broadcast, so I have to get to know about something first or I'll miss it.

Mim likes this.
  9. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

I think I could check tick each one of those :)

10. Clockwork Galaxy
    Inspired

Clockwork Galaxy Newcomer Game Owner

Fringe, Stan Against Evil, Stargate SG-1, any of the Star Treks, Black Mirror, The Musketeers, The OA, Orphan Black, Once Upon A Time, Criminal Minds, Gotham, @Midnight, The Expanse, The Magicians, and Face/Off.

There are a TON more I could recommend, but those are the ones that popped into my mind first so there you go. ^-^

11. grimfox

grimfox Resident Game Owner

Anything Joss Whedon is amazing, but I've recently been binge watching Community. Donald Glover <3

12. Sage

Sage Newcomer

Unfortunately The CW is my favorite channel. So much cheesy drama with high production value. That's my shiz.

I just watched The Secret Circle on Netflix and am super upset it was canceled after one season. So good!!!

13. oddradish

oddradish Newcomer

Breaking Bad, GoT, Sons of Anarchy are my faves. I love political intrigue and pure gangsta life. I know I need to catch up on some popular ones that have come up lately.

14. John Hurt
    Caffeine Fix

John Hurt Newcomer

Walking Dead
    Fear the walking Dead
    Big Bang
    NCIS

15. Tabs

Tabs Newcomer

Dr. Who, Supernatural, A plethora of Anime... Any old Disney movies. Though those aren't TV shows xD

16. musewithme

musewithme Newcomer Game Owner

Wentworth. It's a darker, grungier women's prison show as opposed to Orange is the New Black. I like both, but lean toward Wentworth.

17. Archivist
    Balanced

Archivist Resident Game Owner

The perfect thread for a TV Junky! I make no apologies for being one. LOL

Shows I recommend- the Berlanti-Verse- you know, those DC shows on The CW (US). Supergirl Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow. I'm told there's another one coming, well, green lit that is.

On CBS the ones worth watching are NCIS, NCIS NoLa, Criminal Minds

NBC - Law & Order SVU

ABC - Once Upon a Time, Agents of SHIELD although this one hasn't had the same muster as season one.

Netflix- stand back for this list- cause it's a long one.

Heartland
    The Good Witch (the series)
    Supernatural
    Travelers ( not your usual time travel style)
    Nick Cage
    Dare Devil
    Jessica Jones
    Iron Fist
    Defenders - coming
    Colony (an after the occupation- sci-fi)
    baby Daddy - comedy like it used to be
    Stranger Things
    The Shannara Chronicles
    The Returned
    Dark Matter
    Sense8
    Helix (immortals messing with genetic code)
    Between (aftermath of government using a small town as a test for chemical warfare)

Old / Canceled / Run it's Course

Battlestar Galactica
    Stargate SG1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Lois & Clark
    Flashpoint
    Eureka
    Law & Order
    Law & Order: Criminal Intent
    Captain Power & The Soldiers of the Future
    Poltergeist The Legacy
    Earth 2 ( with Jessica Steen - since this one, there have been other shows with this title, so make sure it's the right one)

18. White Canary

White Canary Newcomer Game Owner

I have so many.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow
    Arrow
    The Flash
    Supergirl
    Agents Of SHIELD
    Hawaii Five-0
    Bones
    MacGyver Reboot
    Roswell
    Person Of Interest

and these are only just a few of my favorites

19. Antiel
    Magical

Antiel Newcomer Game Owner

Shameless - in particular the american version, as I haven't had the chance to dip into BBC's yet! It broaches on largely sensitive topics like sex, drugs, and suicide, but I feel like its also extremely well written and portrays the struggle of a poor family in the city well.

20. TeamAS

TeamAS Newcomer Game Owner

i'm currently binge watching the walking dead, the arrowverse dc shows, and the 100.