Should I enable Guests to Post on Site?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by KhFanWriter9, Jan 31, 2024.

1. KhFanWriter9
    No Mood

KhFanWriter9 Resident Game Owner

Should I let guests post on the site? I'm not sure, but no one has shown up for the reason It's new.. Should I be like chat sites that let guest post then reserve the name by signing up to the site.

Suggestions / thoughts.

2. odd
    Moonlighting

odd Resident Game Owner

Nahhh.

It might be a way to attract a small flurry of activity, but if members can't take the time to make an account, they probably aren't the sort who'd stick around in the long run anyway.

3. KhFanWriter9
    No Mood

I see, but it could work for now since what I'm doing so far isnt working. Brand new sites have a relly hard time getting people to join.

4. odd
    Moonlighting

odd Resident Game Owner

Where are you advertising (other than here) ?

When we got off and running I found personal invitations worked best. I reached out to people I'd written with before. Reddit can only be really good, or depending on how much you like social media, there's a ton of writers on BookTok on tiktok.

5. KhFanWriter9
    No Mood

.I roleplay on fetlife.com I'm trying, but it's still new and empty.

6. KhFanWriter9
    No Mood

I have put up enough ads for it / exposed the site enough off here and on it. You know how the site looks good compared to other rp sites, but still no one clicks the sign up button.

7. odd
    Moonlighting

odd Resident Game Owner

Maybe then, if you have nothing to lose!

I'd also recommend fixing your ad so that it has an actual link . For the life of my I can't figure out what "
    home, thenightzone.yourdomainnow.f h t web.com'

take spaces out before pressing go.
    "

is supposed to be as a link. Like, home,thenightzone.yourdomainnow.fhtwebcom ?