Resolved Question about "Nofollow" on Links

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by LadyLilas, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyLilas

LadyLilas Newcomer

I tried to link this site on my website so that my site could be advertised here. I get a notification that says although the link was found, it has a Nofollow tag. I cannot figure out how to remove the tag. Wikifoundry is my platform.

Thank you to whoever can help!

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

The reason why we disallow sites that have nofollow tags is because search engines will not pass along any page rank from them. It's a lot like RPGfix is linking to a black hole, so it ends up benefiting no one. :(

I'll try to find out more about Wikifoundry, but it's quite likely that they're automatically adding the nofollow attribute to your links. I'm not sure if they have a way to stop that from happening. I'll see what I can find out! In the meantime though, feel free to add your site to your signature and whatnot. :heart:

3. LadyLilas

LadyLilas Newcomer

Thank you! I appreciate your trouble!

4. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

@LadyLilas Yeah, I looked into it and it seems as though they hardcode the nofollow attribute in an attempt to control link spam. Which is unfortunate, and a little odd since they also appear to manually screen sites as well.

Anyway, I've white-listed your site's URL so you should be good to submit. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.