Quarantine Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Chatterbox' started by mystic by moonlight, May 15, 2020.

1. mystic by moonlight
    Amused

mystic by moonlight Newcomer Game Owner

Has anyone been learning new things while dealing with lockdown quarantine? I've been working on my languages but not as much as I should be!!

2. Tartle
    Batty

Tartle Resident Game Owner

I was trying to upstart a photography business when quarantine hit like a sack of potatoes. So I wound up taking photos of jumping spiders. lol. It happened completely by chance when I came across this spider (she is now my pet named Francis) and took photos of her. I've learned a lot about macro photography in a short amount of time. It's been a blast! 101011332_249257706361995_7179174947799957504_n.jpg

Agent_D_WIB and Shriker like this.
  3. achromatic

achromatic Newcomer Game Owner

That's a beautiful photo! I'm not a fan of spiders but that one's actually kind of cute.

I started getting into punch embroidery and my flatmate's been getting into knitting and macrame, so between the two of us, there's a lot of strange fabric around the flat these days.

4. LunarScorpio
    Sleepy

LunarScorpio Newcomer Game Owner

It's not so much that I started new hobbies, but I've been returning to old ones. Roleplaying being the biggest one that I've gotten back into afte being on a hiatus of, I don't even know how many years. Additionally, I've been baking more and gotten back into photography.

5. Goodgis

Goodgis Newcomer

Understanding the vast and chaotic world of Linux. It has become the ultimate quest...

6. StarWarsGC

StarWarsGC Newcomer

I've played more games in 2020 than I have in the last 3 months combined.

7. Finn
    Asleep

Finn Fresh Blood

I actually got back into writing because of quarantine! An 8 year hiatus?

8. Sere

Sere Resident Game Owner

I cannot say I have really been learning anything. I have been reading, gaming, and painting Pathfinder figures. lol

9. Boneshakers
    Badass

Boneshakers Newcomer Game Owner

I have definitively been playing more video games and writing more since lockdown.

10. Surprised no one has mentioned Animal Crossing in this thread yet! It was released at the perfect time for dissociating yourself on to a tiny island, hah

11. Sprite
    Spaced

Sprite Newcomer Game Owner

More play-by-post rpgs! This hobby was made for quarantine.
    I've been meaning to learn the tarot for years, so my new lock-down hobby is pulling three cards every day and trying to figure out what they mean.

12. mythandmen

mythandmen Newcomer

I've been super busy with my job this year actually so not a lot of free time, but I recently got into miniature making. I just finished a ridiculously long project for a holiday living room scene. I had to build everything from scratch - the couch, the lamp, the lights, the rug, presents, Christmas tree, etc. It was crazy, but I'm so proud I've finished!

13. royal_poet
    Bookworm

royal_poet Newcomer Game Owner

Making new roleplay sites, photoshop... much the same as before but with so much more time for it. I love it.

14. NessaXO

NessaXO Newcomer Game Owner

Forum Roleplay and Genshin Impact for sure!

15. Arizona

Arizona Newcomer Game Owner

Valheim--AKA Viking homesteading simulator.

16. Sivvi
    Cheerful

Sivvi Newcomer

In terms of life, I've technically been under the quarantine life since I was 17, but I mean, during actual quarantine, I did the obvious thing and made bread. Just normal white bread, from a bread maker, but still. Oh, and I've picked up reading again. Proper reading of novels and stuff.

17. Agent_D_WIB
    Spaced

Agent_D_WIB Newcomer

Between recovering from the 'what in the h..." mood when I got sent home and then laid off when the lockdowns started... and getting reemployed around the time the vaccines were available, I really got into amigurumi. So I have all kinds of little crochet critters and objects around on my desk at home and now at my job. :P

18. soar

soar Newcomer Game Owner

Writing and playing various games. Not at all too different than what it was pre-Covid!

19. caporushes
    Caffeine Fix

caporushes Newcomer Game Owner

This isn't a new hobby, but lately I've gotten back into my dolls/miniatures hobby... Photography and crafts and stuff. It's certainly kept me busy, but I'm a bit of a shut-in to begin with haha. Still, nice to get into it again...

20. Squishy24601

Squishy24601 Resident Game Owner

Well I started drawing, but I'm visually impaired so I'm not very good XD I have been working on my quizzing though! I'm really hoping to be a contestant on The Chase one day so I've had a lot of time to practise and I've been taking full advantage of it!