Resolved Not getting roles on Discord

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Kersare, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kersare

Kersare Newcomer Game Owner

I joined the discord server about 3 hours ago and haven't gotten roles assigned yet. I associated my discord account months ago and got my initial 10 posts back in January (though I somehow forgot to intro myself, but I did that today).

My best guess is that I'm not getting the proper roles (game owner, member, unmoderated?) because the RPGfix bot is offline. I'm not sure if it usually is online, but for whatever reason is currently down and either it'll eventually come back (and I should get my roles then) or perhaps someone needs to check/fix things.

I'd appreciate it if someone could look into it or let me know if there's something I'm missing. Not trying to be impatient...just know I'll be busy most of the day and figured I would note this before I get busy. :)

Thanks!

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

What actually happened is that because you were inactive for so long, the Discord sync wasn't picking you up. It'll only pick up and sync members who are active on RPGfix. It mostly watches user group promotions.

If you're supposed to have roles on Discord, and they're missing, what you can do is edit your profile on RPGfix and you'll pop to the top of the Discord sync queue. I refreshed your profile edit date, so you should be all good in Discord now.

3. Kersare

Kersare Newcomer Game Owner

Ah interesting. I know I updated my site info last month at least and I was editing my profile and posting today, but I guess that wasn't enough to pop me up the queue.

Thanks for looking into and taking care of it for me!

4. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

I'm willing to be that you updated your site last month when cron was broken and the server needed a reboot. :) Glad it's all good now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.