Suggestion Moderation

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Lure Master, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lure Master

Lure Master Resident Game Owner

Can the powers that be take me out of the moderation group? It's rather difficult to make ten posts when post counts stay at zero until they are approved. I was a part of XF's staff for the first four years, so I think I'm low risk to the community (:monkeyface:), And I see you have one of my add-ons installed here, :cheers: to that!

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Was done auto-magically. :) If I could white-list known awesome people, I totally would. :cheers:

3. Lure Master

you are letting your Canadian show...

Oh, and if the beer is not Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale, this maritimer does not approve. I'll still drink it of course, but sporting a frown. :p

4. Shriker
    Magical

Haha. Aw. I'm not much of a beer drinker. I ran out of my last bottle of Screech this past Monday, so the Maritimes are being quite poorly represented on my liquor shelf at the moment.

Lure Master likes this.
  5. Lure Master

My first posting when I was in the military was to NFLD and Labrador. Screeched in, and kissed a cod. The screech tasted worse, lol.

So to stay on topic, my suggestion is for you to re-supply on Screech.

BTW, you did a great job with this site.

6. Shriker
    Magical

Oh, fish lips. :P I'll grab some more Screech next time I come across it.

Thanks! I think it could use a little bit more love, but I haven't had the time. Now I do have the time, so it's become a matter of what do I work on first?

7. Lure Master

A couple of suggestions: the copyright links in the footer need to be brighter. I find them hard to read. Also, you should set to have a conversation started automatically with new members, because if they have questions they can just reply to the welcome conversation. I think it will make new members feel, well, welcomed, :p

I'll give you proper feedback as I use the site more, :)

Shriker likes this.
  8. Chay

Chay Newcomer Game Owner

I'm having a similar issue. I have posted ten times, but only four of them have been approved by moderation, so the waiting is killing me lol. Seems like a very strict rule that locks the place down like Fort Knox, but I imagine incidents in the past have caused it to be put in place.

Kinda makes the environment uninviting. :\

9. Shriker
    Magical

It can take up to an hour after your first post is approved because a cron needs to run in order to update your account. Really does help filter out the spam though. :)

10. Chay

Chay Newcomer Game Owner

I bet it does! That's why I know it's not a bad thing, just inconvenient, which is a necessary evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.