I LOVE the skin/layout!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Kieran, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kieran

Kieran Resident Game Owner

While I also love the way your directory functions, I especially highly appreciate the overall appearence and design of this whole website. Please, please, please never change it much if at all!

I love the font style and the black-on-white contrast in the discussion threads, the traditional listing style of the boards and how there isn't 50 of them, the site's plain overall appearence not stuffed with tons of sidebars and other unnecessary details, the small sized logo...And while I dislike those square symbol links that don't tell you what they do unless you hover your mouse cursor over them at least this site isn't overloaded with them...And this whole thing scales perfectly in my standard 1024x768 resolution on my small screen - without me having to zoom out multiple times (which often would cause the fonts shrink too much. Now, imagine it for those who need to use even lower resolutions!)

In short; this is VERY and delightfully user-friendly for those of us who have a really crappy eyevision (and small screen/low resolution need for that matter.)

If there's anything that could be tweaked it might be the contrast between the font and links seeing to the background on other parts of this site, especially on the index page and specifically on the boards descriptions & some bits in the directory listings. I mean, any shade of gray on white isn't really the best possible choice - even if links can be hovered over and then appear black.
    Sidenote; while colours are always nice, it's clear enough contrast font on a white background that is by far the easiest and most relaxing to read.

I do basically enjoy discussing and using directories like RPG-D and Distant Fantasies and they are truly awesome as well, but they do tend to give me a headache in a long run and tire my eyes quickly - which is why I don't really do much else there but hang out in the Roleplay Discussion, Affiliation Program and Requests boards.

So, my warmest thank you for having a small-screen/resolution and bad-eyevision friendly website/directory. I hope you can keep it this way in the future as well. After all, we are not that rare and even if we were it's great to feel thought of. :)

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Really glad that it's to your liking. :) The plan is for all RPGfix branding to remain somewhat subdued. More of a watermark really. I don't have any plans for any /big/ layout changes, however I do have a currently unpublished "grid" view for the listing that I am going to be releasing. You'll still be able to go back to the original "list" view once it is out though.

I hear you on the hyperlink/text contrast as well. I could have sworn that I'd fixed that already, but it looks as though it may have reverted during one of my upgrades. I'll see if I can clear that up some more!

If you are interested in changing up the colours and playing around a bit, if you scroll down to the bottom of the site, you can pick a few different colour options, either from the "AD Styler" which has a few pre-defined colour schemes and background patterns, or the "Color Options" drop down, which has a simple small rainbow selection.

3. Kieran

Kieran Resident Game Owner

Cool!
    Hee,,,The seven deadly sins... :P So yeah, I played around with the colours as they do indeed make the lay even more bad eyevision friendly when in moderation.
    Anyway, keep up the great work! :) <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.