Hello, hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nevermind, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Nevermind
    Spaced

Nevermind Resident Game Owner

Hello! I'm Nev, wandering around the internet in search of like-minded roleplaying individuals. I've been roleplaying for over 10 years (maybe closer to 14ish at this point?... yikes), and I'd to think I have a pretty good idea of how to do the writing and fun-having, and other exciting things.

I'm a particular fan of fantasy, horror, romance, mystery (or typically some combination of the aforementioned), but I'm willing to try anything out if the plot is intriguing enough.

As a typical internet dweller, I'm a huge video game fan, I read regularly, and I love watching various movies and television shows and dissecting them to bits, or at least watching about 13 YouTube videos where someone more qualified does such.

Always open to chatting, so feel free to reach out and say hello!

2. Yona Carlin

Yona Carlin Newcomer Game Owner

Hi there. I'm new as well, just thought I'd shoot you a hello as I've seen your posts a few times around the site and you seem neat!

Nevermind likes this.
  3. Nevermind
    Spaced

Well thank you! Yes, tonight has absolutely been my "focus on RPG Fix" night, among a few other things here and there. I'm a bit of a busy body so I'm always trying to do 10 things at once and typically succeed at like... maybe 2 of them.

Welcome to my fellow Game Owner and Slytherin! Nice to see another fresh name here making the rounds. You also seem very neat (and I'm digging the sleek look of your site, appropriate for something Star Trek based).

Yona Carlin likes this.
  4. Somniac
    Busy

Somniac Resident Game Owner

Hello, hello! Never underestimate the proficiency of a jack of all trades.

Any opinions on The Labyrinth?

Nevermind likes this.
  5. Nevermind
    Spaced

Labyrinth as in the 1986 film starring David Bowie, Jennifer Connelly and a variety Jim Henson puppets, or is there another labyrinth to which you refer.

Because I find the former to be just the perfect level of 80s cheese that completely fits my aesthetic. But there are other labyrinths I enjoy as well. Pan's is a particular favorite.

Somniac likes this.
  6. Somniac
    Busy

David Bowie and the yoga pants before their time. Agreed.

I will never forget the dinner scene in Pan's Labyrinth, though.

Nevermind likes this.
  7. Nevermind
    Spaced

Absolutely. The Pale Man is such a creepy, glorious design, I adore it. The Faun also had a very... intriguing but somewhat threatening look and vibe. Just everything about it gets to me. Plus Doug Jones is just amazing... I think he played both the Faun and the Pale Man but I could be mistaken.

Switching into reverse gear super quickly, I love anything with Muppets or other Jim Henson puppetry/animatronics. I can't even really explain why, I just find them so incredibly endearing.

Somniac likes this.
  8. Somniac
    Busy

I did not know that. Yes - they were one and the same.

There's so many skills that go into it! From the construction to being able to orchestrate that many moving parts at once, and direct eyes that can't see to make meaningful body language. Stop motion is another thing like that, but moreso as a test of persistence and endurance of tedium for an often surreal result.

9. Nevermind
    Spaced

Agreed! I am a HUGE fan of stop motion. Seeing how long it takes and how much work goes into making a stop motion feature is just insane. The amount of patience it takes from the entire team is astounding.

Do you have a favorite stop motion feature? I'd have to say Coraline and The Nightmare Before Christmas are my favorites with the latter carrying with it all the milennial nostalgia.

10. Somniac
    Busy

The Nightmare Before Christmas definitely ranks up there. I still need to see Coraline one of these days.

You are now in the lead for Most Introduction Thread Posts on the 1st Page, and I just thought you should know that.

11. Nevermind
    Spaced

Thank you for letting me know! That is quite the accomplishment, and I shall celebrate accordingly.

Don't know if you have Netflix, but Coraline is on there. Definitely recommend taking a looksy when you have the opportunity and desire to do so.

Somniac likes this.
  12. ImperfectTears

ImperfectTears Fresh Blood

Hi Nevermind. I think you are I have seen you on another RP site as a staff member.
    I also like The Muppets. The first movie had a great song sung by Gonzo called "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday" which I actually recorded singing myself. It always makes me cry.

Which is your favorite Muppets movie?