Have you ever dressed up as your character?

Discussion in 'Role-Play Discussion' started by Shriker, Oct 31, 2014.

?

Have you ever dressed up as your character?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. No, but I'd like to try someday

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Whether it was wearing a simple piece of jewelry that reminds you of your character (x would totally wear this!), or going all out LARP-style and becoming a physical representation of your character?

Tell me about some of your experiences!

2. Elena
    Arthritic

Elena Resident Game Owner

I voted no, but I'd like to try someday. However, if taking into account only pieces of jewelry, then yes. However, full 1700s or 1800s or 1050 attire would be a little complicated for someone without sewing talent.

Shriker likes this.
  3. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

I think that little pieces of jewelry would count. Sort of little mementos to remind you of your characters and get you into their mindsets. :)

Elena likes this.
  4. VirusZero

VirusZero Resident Game Owner

I've never tried dressing up as any character I've played because a lot of them tend to be decked out in armour. (Which is a little beyond my ability to create... I mean I know roughly the process but it takes a while and costs a bit. And I just really don't have the money to spend to attempt it. Though I think it'd look pretty cool if I ever could manage to fabricate their armour.)

5. Sekah

Sekah Newcomer Game Owner

I haven't, but I really want to!

6. lion
    Classy

lion Newcomer

I did for an anime convention one year. She was a pretty simple character so most people only got that I was dressed up because I drew the tattoos she had onto my arms and had my fake sword hilt and all that. Dressing up as your character can be a really fun experience because people often ask you about them, and it's always nice to get to talk about your characters ^^

7. saintarchangel
    Angelic

saintarchangel Newcomer Game Owner

once i closet-cosplayed all characters in the rp i was currently in... those were the times. it was super fun, though!