Have you ever dressed up as your character?

Discussion in 'Role-Play Discussion' started by Shriker, Oct 31, 2014.

?

Have you ever dressed up as your character?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. No, but I'd like to try someday

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Whether it was wearing a simple piece of jewelry that reminds you of your character (x would totally wear this!), or going all out LARP-style and becoming a physical representation of your character?

Tell me about some of your experiences!

2. Elena
    Arthritic

Elena Resident Game Owner

I voted no, but I'd like to try someday. However, if taking into account only pieces of jewelry, then yes. However, full 1700s or 1800s or 1050 attire would be a little complicated for someone without sewing talent.

Shriker likes this.
  3. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

I think that little pieces of jewelry would count. Sort of little mementos to remind you of your characters and get you into their mindsets. :)

Elena likes this.
  4. VirusZero

VirusZero Resident Game Owner

I've never tried dressing up as any character I've played because a lot of them tend to be decked out in armour. (Which is a little beyond my ability to create... I mean I know roughly the process but it takes a while and costs a bit. And I just really don't have the money to spend to attempt it. Though I think it'd look pretty cool if I ever could manage to fabricate their armour.)

5. Sekah

Sekah Newcomer Game Owner

I haven't, but I really want to!

6. lion
    Classy

lion Newcomer

I did for an anime convention one year. She was a pretty simple character so most people only got that I was dressed up because I drew the tattoos she had onto my arms and had my fake sword hilt and all that. Dressing up as your character can be a really fun experience because people often ask you about them, and it's always nice to get to talk about your characters ^^

7. saintarchangel
    Angelic

saintarchangel Newcomer Game Owner

once i closet-cosplayed all characters in the rp i was currently in... those were the times. it was super fun, though!

8. nemesi5
    Dreaming

nemesi5 Newcomer

I used to do Earthbound RP. Dressing up as Ness and Lucas isn’t the hardest costume in the world to get right, but it is fun!

Someday I’d love to try and pull off a suit of armor like my Monster Hunter character…

9. Cirago
    Overworked

Cirago Resident Patron

I did once, for a Pathfinder convention! Luckily I'm an ex-SCAdian so I have several medieval outfits in my closet. I chose the fanciest and put a pair of vampire teeth on my bottom incisors to turn them into tusks, and I cosplayed as my half-orc bard for the day :) I even had my drum with me!