G'day from the land down under

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Raza, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Raza

Raza Resident

I've been lurking around Fix for a number of years really, although until recently when the last game I was involved in closed down, I've never really been inclined to sign up. Now that I'm in the market for a new place to call home, I've taken the plunge.

A little about me. I'm a 70 year old engineer with role playing experience going back to the early days of the internet. The three games I've been involved with have all been Sci-fi, the last being one based on Alien. I guess for now there isn't much else to say, other than apart from my dear wife of 40+ years, my other passion is cars, namely street machines and hot rods.

Mim and Shriker like this.
  2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Welcome @Raza! I'm curious when it comes to Alien roleplay, does it keep well with the horror theme?

Raza likes this.
  3. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

Hiya Raza, fellow Aussie here. Glad you came and I gotta ask, how did you get that profile pic. I made that. I don't mind though, you're welcome to use it and welcome to RPGfix. I have a Stargate game going if you're interested.

Alien! wow, I have always wanted to do that.

Raza likes this.
  4. Raza

Raza Resident

@Shriker
    Thanks for the welcome. That game we had more or less took place after Alien 4, we tended to focus more on the survival aspect and sci-fi direction. We did however set a scenario whereby we sent teams looking for the 'alien' origins. Throw in a little Predator and it was quite exciting.

Hey there Mim and thank you. One of my RSL mates found it for me as a matter of fact and I know your site, I've been voting for it. I am a little slow, but I'm sure I'll be registering there soon.

Mim and Shriker like this.
  5. Melancholia

Melancholia Newcomer

Surprised you made it here!

Heard the internet was bad : (

6. Raza

Raza Resident

Yes I've had issues keeping me off the computer. As my kids often say, life sucks. But we keep plodding on don't we?

In my area it isn't too shabby considering we live on the fringe of Sydney.