Funny moments of Role playing

Discussion in 'Chatterbox' started by Mim, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

I suppose we've all had those funny, weird, strange moments in our time as role players right?

I thought I had seen it all, read it all until recently when one well known RPG resource site lost their forum host due to closure. So naturally they had to search around for a new one. One would have thought an organization such as this would have been most professional in doing this...but oh no what did they do? Went to a free hosted Jcink. I couldn't stop laughing for hours.

2. I was playing on ald Avalon Hill game called "Down with the King". It's not a true role=playing game. Yiou play a noble and builda faction by recruiting other NPCs (represented by cards) and use game cards to insert them into Offices. Then you use their office's influence, plus the influence points from game cards like "Vintners Guild" to usurp the king. You basically roll up the full values of all your influence and see if it surpasses that of the King.

Of course, there is a great deal more, but anyway. I had an activity to spare, so I rolled on the "Carousing" table. Things went really bad and I ended up convicted of treason and awaiting execution on my next turn. I used my Ambassador to one of the other city-states, my General, along with Prison guards, and Intrigue to escape to my Ambassador's country and start a war.

At war, the other players cannot play Extradition cards to drag me back and put me out. It was just so disturbingly hilarious to be such a shameless war-monger, keeping the war going, foiling my opponents' attempts to stop it, just to save my sorry ass until I could draw a Royal Pardon card.

The real beauty of it was that my adversaries spent so much of their power trying to get ME that none of them ever built up enough power to usurp the King, so we ALL lost...lol

Mim likes this.
  3. aalyoshka

aalyoshka Newcomer Game Owner

Funniest moment I ever saw was one time I was on a site which revolved around the concept of a high-class boarding school in New York. It was something pretty standard. One day, a new member joined, asked if they could roleplay as a horse. Obviously, they got rejected but their argument for all the reasons why they should be allowed to play a horse will always be funny to me, lmao

Mim likes this.
  4. NascentRP

NascentRP Newcomer

Falling out of my own heli because I forgot to buckle up was a funny one!

Mim likes this.
  5. white_sand_empire

white_sand_empire Newcomer Game Owner

Someone jumped off a tower thinking they could slide down like an anime character. Only to discover they went splat and died.

Mim likes this.
  6. c.widow

c.widow Newcomer Game Owner

I have to add to this because I started out as an equine roleplayer but this is common for us too LOL. Had someone join a game clearly advertised as equine only but they wanted to have a dragon character.

7. Peaky-Blinder
    Badass

Peaky-Blinder Newcomer Game Owner

Oh there have been some funny and rather bemusing things I've encountered in my time. One that still to this day haunts me and makes me laugh - to the point I can no longer take the very popular face the character was using seriously anymore- was a site I was on a good few years ago had someone who made a young genie character. And then proceeded to try and add in ridiculous traits/powers, such as after acceptance, he wanted to make it so that every time he got nervous (which was all the time) his magic caused all of his clothes to disappear so he was suddenly naked... it was a personified Disney/OUAT site might I add. I still find it funny to this day

8. AlmaMont

AlmaMont Newcomer Game Owner

I met my favorite rp partner by first proposing to write in one very innocent direction, which then ended up with the most satisfying, slow-burn, vineyard-setting smut I'd ever written. It was hilarious and golden, and I'm forever grateful for that wonderful smut writing experience that I didn't realize I'd enjoy SO much.

9. In a DnD session, I (and thus my character) forgot that the NPC I was speaking with was a minotaur and offered them a snack of beef jerky. I realized immediately and the OOC AND IC horror was hilarious. My character made amends out of their sheer embarrassment and guilt over having forgotten the whole concept of species when speaking to another person. High charisma and low intelligence for the win!