Favourite Artists?

Discussion in 'Chatterbox' started by LunarRain015, Sep 10, 2015.

1. I'm curious to know which artists the art lovers on this site find inspirational and interesting? They can be modern or classical in any media.

Lately I have a passion for J.M.W Turner, John Singer Sargent, James MacNeil Whistler. I also find many of the Renaissance drawing masters fascinating. I find Japanese artists like Yoshitaka Amano and Otomo Katsuhiro quite inspirational as well.

2. Nen

Nen Newcomer

i'm a huge yoshitaka amano fan, and it comes through in my own work. xD i also enjoy sienkewicz, menton3, stoupakis, mohrbacher, brom, takato yamamoto, and a bunch of others. ;0

3. Scoglads

Scoglads Newcomer

Jean Giraud, aka "MÅ“bius". I loved his 80s aesthetic.
    Jamie Hewlett is also very punky and fun.

4. Moebius' work is incredible. Have any of you heard of Tomi Ungerer? His work as an illustrator is excellent!

5. Scoglads

Scoglads Newcomer

No I haven't. I actually only got interested in Moebius' work because of that movie Heavy Metal. Then I read the translation of Arzach and fell in love. He kinda lead me to folks like Peter Chung and Jamie Hewlett who I then fell in love with.

Edit: Just looked up some of Tomi's work. AWESOME!

6. Great! I thought that after you mentioned Moebius you might appreciate Mr. Ungerer's work. They aren't really the same at all but something about them seems oddly related.

7. Sherrilyn Kenyon has my attention lately.

8. Tainted Snow Queen
    Cold

Tainted Snow Queen Resident Game Owner

I don't often like more than one or two things from a particular artist (mainly because what I like depends on my mood) but I have a friend who goes by many names on the internet, "Mailboxed Kitten" being the first one that springs to mind. I've loved pretty much all her work. Other than her, I'm a fan of Luis Royo.

Mim likes this.
  9. europeanlass
    Badass

europeanlass Newcomer Game Owner

currently Caro Emerald

10. I actually really like both Luis Royo and Les Toil Both very talented in different ways.

11. GDStaff
    Adorable

GDStaff Newcomer Game Owner

Alphonse Mucha for sure. And Klimt. And Caravaggio. And a ton of Baroque stuff and expressionist stuff and wyfgfsfdsagya I love art.

12. Stormhelm Kingdom

Stormhelm Kingdom Newcomer Game Owner

GoldenWolfen and DarkNatasha.

13. Verridith
    Haunting

Verridith QUEEN of GOLD !! Game Owner

Me 8D

NO NOT REALLY xD

I love the works of Leundra, Sandara, and Beastofoblivion on dA. Some of my favorite artists on that site, but I have too many to list all here!

14. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

Anything country, especially the classics between the 60's and early 80's. After that is has to be Aussie bands like AC/DC and Cold Chisel. I'm also a huge fan of classical music.