Implemented Fantasy Separation

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Gina, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina

Gina Resident Game Owner

So it's come to both my and @Yazzeh's attention that there is a huge gap between some fantasy sites.

On the one hand, you have straight fantasy, with fairies or dragons or magic, etc. that's usually not in modern times.

On the other, you have urban fantasy a more modern, usually city setting that we feel is almost a completely different animal.

I propose we separate the two. :P

Yazzeh and Shriker like this.
  2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Really not a bad idea. The straight fantasy you're referring to is often called High Fantasy.

Urban Fantasy, aka Contemporary Fantasy/Modern Fantasy is just that.

But then there are some fandoms that cross-over the two, incorporate future fantasy, dark fantasy, historical fantasy, fairytale/mythic fantasy, and a whole slew of others.

So I'm not quite sure if I support a full separation. Maybe there could be a filter of some sort though.

Morrigan and Yazzeh like this.
  3. Yazzeh

Yazzeh Newcomer

Thank you for considering this!

As is, I feel like fantasy is an extremely encompassing genre. Sub-categories, tags, or a filtering system would be a great way to separate fandoms from unique RP's (or whatever else), help guests find exactly what genre they're looking for, and feature forums a little more accurately.

It's currently really easy to search by fandom. It'd be nice if original RP's could share a similar kind of love.

Kitsufox and Shriker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.