1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Looking for a specific type of game, someone to roleplay with, pre-created character roles for your game, staff members, new affiliates, or more? We've got you covered.

1. You must be a full member (10+ posts) of RPGfix to start a thread on this board.
    2. Please do not bump threads. (A cleaner solution for bumping threads is coming!)
    3. Remember to reply to the thread when responding to a wanted ad. Please do not send PMs as the purpose of this board is to keep everything public and accountable. (Besides, we may reward those who respond to classified advertisements...)
    4. When you believe your wanted ad has run its course or has been fulfilled, please change your thread prefix to Closed

Roleplay Chum Wanted Child characters & family life! (Original fantasy OR Harry Potter)

Discussion in 'Wanted Classifieds' started by Kieran, Oct 6, 2017.

1. This would be a 1x1 RP on an IcyBoards forum I have founded just for the two of us. I'm looking for a long-term RP buddy.

Someone who enjoys / loves creating and writing child characters; that is characters between ages 3 and 12. No teenage years but the most essential formatieve years of a person's life. Of course we'd create and have adult characters as well to interract with the kids and the other adults as they're just as essential and important - but the point is I wish to find someone who really enjoys creating child characters and writing about their childhoods, to focus on generally everyday/family life events. Of course, grand far-out adventures don't need to be completely shut out - just, they would be rare because I'd rather write about relatable everyday people than about a bunch of Indiana Jones types. My view is that even mundane stuff can be made interesting when the characters doing or experiencing it are interesting.

I do like drama and am up for it but I don't want to focus on it. As for the drana...Many of my characters have dark stuff in their pasts, and I'm okay with graphic violence, drug use and so on - but there's a line I won't cross in the actual game events: I won't write rape or torture. But I'm fine with making a past reference to it or characters have a conversation about such an event/subject, should there be need for it. But yeah, I don't want to focus on deep drama as I'm looking to RP everyday life / family life in all its colours rather than weighting on the drama genre.

I have several original characters, both children and adults, they've all been created into the Harry Potter universe which is what inspires me by far the most - but I can strip them off of all Harry Potter aspects if you don't care for or don't know the Potterverse. But I personally don't care for RPing in modern day real world setting without at least some fantasy aspects...so it would need to be our original fantasy world where at least werewolves and vampires exist. The era would need to be the 1980s and the setting be England - sorry but while they don't have to be in the HP universe they have been strongly established in the 1980s and England.

Me as a writer:

I consider myself an advanced writer so I'd need you to be too, or at least on an intermediate level. Also, I'm a passionate writer; I love to take situations slow, to really dig into the characters' heads and into the situations at hand, and to be descriptive. I'm perfectly fine with occasional time-skips as in I don't aim to write down every single minute of their lives...And I don't constantly write really indepth and descriptive text - but the point is to me it's quality over quantity, I'd rather really get to know the characters and write vivid scenes rather than skate over and hurry forward. Also, I like to plot & plan a basic plot for a game event and then improvise on it which can allow it to become much more than originally thought it could be. I can't RP in real-time flow. In our game time would not flow, instead we would just set game events to whichever point of time we want to and wrap them up in our own pace. I feel that serves indepth character exploration much better.

Characters For Plot

Here's a short summary of a few of my original characters with the Harry Potter aspects included. They're all connected in some way so I can bring these all in if so wished. I'll link to their full bios if you're interested in RPing with me. I will be playing all of these, you'd create your own characters.

The King family:
    A wealthy wizarding family who live in a muggle life style but do visit the wizarding society on occasions. The father is a half-blood wizard who attended Hogwarts for just one year, studied magic further as an adult, and works for the muggle police force except for the five years long career break he took to be a stay-at-home dad. He's a loving and devoted parent. He has a son and a daughter. The son becomes a werewolf at age 7 and falls in love with the curse, he's mischievous and a handful of a child but basically a good and kind kid. He attends Hogwarts for just one year. His sister is a squib and she's more of a goodie-two-shoes, also artistic and lovely. The mother while a kind and loving person and in the family's life for the most part isn't a very good mother due to her own childhoos as well as a traumatic experience with a werewolf some years earlier. She's a muggle-born witch who never attended Hogwarts but studied magic as an adult. The father lost his entire family at a very young age. And his brother was abducted when they were little children and hasn't been found but will be in the early '90s when the son is twelve.

The Wolff family:
    A wealthy muggle family who do not know about the existance of magic, but will eventually find out as their only child - their son believes in just about everything from magic to aliens and is too curious and adventurous for his own good. He's a very, very colourful personality so I won't even attempt to summarise it here. The parents are loving and devoted. The mother is a pediatrician, and the father is a paleontologist. The mother if of Jewish descent and suffered in the World War II because of it, even lost her father to a Nazi Death Camp. This is why the parents won't be embrasing the wizarding society which just recently experienced their own Hitler and Nazi soldiers while muggles were the "Jews"...The son's godfather is a wizard who does not know it until in his late 30s in 1987. He is the long lost abducted member of the above mentioned King family.

The James family:
    A wealthy muggle-born wizard born and raised in the USA on a farm in the 1920s and '30s, served in the World War II and afterwards became an FBI Special Agent. He attended Ilvermorny for a couple of years but hence his career choice he studied magic mostly as an adult after the war. He's an Animagus, taking the form of a raven. His father died in the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, and his mother died of old age much later. His much younger little sister was an occultist inspired by her brother's wizard...ness, and as an adult she travelled to Britain for its rich folklore and myths. At some point she became a vampire and a leader of a coven. During the First Wizarding War she fell in love with a Death Eater and vice versa. The Death Eater was labeled a blood trator and had to go into hiding in her vampire coven. There they made a baby boy who thus was born a half-vampire and unfortunately inherited two of the worst aspects of her mother's condition; an allergy to the sun (though not on the immediate-death level) and lust for blood. His parents were killed in the early '80s along with the rest of the coven, by other Death Eaters and vampires allied with Voldemort. His uncle, then 60 years old, retires from the FBI and arrives to England and adopts his 3-year old nephew as his own son as a loving and devoted father. The uncle is old friends with the father of the above mentioned King family.

* Play-bys I've reserved:
    Henry Ian Cusick, Sonya Walger, Declan Galbraith, Hattie Gotobed, Hugh Dancy, Christian Bale, Amy Adams.
    Gerard Butler, Amanda Holden, Isaac Andrews (the child actor.)
    Anthony Head, Jacob Tremblay (the child actor.)

About me:

I am in my early thirties and prefer 15+ level graphic writing but have the freedom to go 18+ whenever, so you should be at least 18 years old. I'm very felxible as an RPer, I can go a few weeks without getting a reply to a game event but of course I would highly appreciate if such long breaks weren't fequent and/or you let me know if you need to take a break or even quit. Please, don't just disappear

#1 Kieran, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017