Chat boxes

Discussion in 'Role-Play Discussion' started by thewanderer2156, Sep 16, 2017.

1. thewanderer2156

thewanderer2156 Newcomer Game Owner

What's everyone's preferred chat box and why? I'm using chatango and I was curious if there's anything better?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. Verridith
    Haunting

Verridith QUEEN of GOLD !! Game Owner

I like Discord best now that there are ways to integrate it as a guest-friendly chatbox on a forum; you just can't beat Discord <3

3. thewanderer2156

thewanderer2156 Newcomer Game Owner

Oh damn I didn't even think of that! Can it be placed on the site as well?

4. SithLordOfSnark

SithLordOfSnark Resident Game Owner

I use C-Box on my sites atm, but once the C-Box Premium on two of my sites expires, I'll be moving over to Discord, since Titan is a thing and can be embedded where the C-Box is.

5. Death Kitten
    Kickass

Death Kitten Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Game Owner

Discord is taking over all the things. Nova sites don't usually worry about on site chat boxes, but my game's got a Discord server too. I may have to look at Titan anyways, I can always give it its own page like we used to do for IRC back in the day.

6. TheDjinn
    Spooky

TheDjinn Newcomer

I'm a large fan of C-Box, although Discord is rapidly taking over for that.

7. dwshasta
    Angelic

dwshasta Newcomer

Discord. I used to use Digsby, but it was difficult to get friends to join me there.

8. We have Discord on all of our sites but for anyone to use them they have to go to the Discord site and register. How can this be embedded on the site so that they don't have to do that? I don't even use it myself as the C-box is easier for me.

9. SithLordOfSnark

https://titanembeds.com/

Note that it's still in Beta, but it's the best way to make it possible for Guests and Members alike to chat using Discord without using the app/browser version.

The Mother and Death Kitten like this.
  10. Honeylove
    Busy

Honeylove Newcomer Game Owner

I've used Cbox.ws for years, and I've always enjoyed it. But the benefits of Discord - such as being completely free, and being able to embed into the website and having the phone ap has won me over and I have no plans to renew my cbox once it expires on Halloween. I've just put a sticky message at hte top of the cbox linking to our Discord channel and I have Titan Embed too.

SithLordOfSnark likes this.
  11. I'll get my daughter onto that, she has more expertise in implementing those sort of things. Thank you.

12. Tella
    Batty

Tella Newcomer Game Owner

Currently I use C-box, but when our premium goes out I might bring up a poll to see if everyone would rather us go to discord.

13. LarxyAeria

LarxyAeria Newcomer Game Owner

cbox.ws ...... every time. Only downside is you have to pay for the auto scrollnig and sound notifications. But, it's really cheap and well worth it.

14. SithLordOfSnark

Actually, auto-refresh comes with the free version now. Paid gives you admin controls, sound and other things, but auto-refresh is now free.

15. Tartle
    Batty

Tartle Resident Game Owner

Discord is where it's at! We use Titan Embeds to put it to our site for quick guest access. There is another embed widget but I cannot remember it or maybe I am just crazy and there isn't one....

16. Cypher

Cypher Newcomer Game Owner

Cbox, and Cbox by far.. The dynamics in aesthetic things like avatars aside, I'm not a fan of Discord as a client for a whole host of reasons I've probably repeated countless times across the internet. And while Titan Embed makes Discord far less, well, annoying to use, Discord itself still has things like crappier custom emoticons, for example.

But since the internet has become stubborn and people have opted to pass on sites they would've otherwise joined because there's no Discord, there's no reason for me to also be stubborn in that relationship now that Titan exists when I can still just, you know, continue to not use Discord instead of my preference.

17. Death Kitten
    Kickass

I recently added the Titan Embed on my site, I'm happy. Haven't had anyone use it yet, but the fact that my potential users can now pop on without needing a discord account, and I'm able to be there nearly all the time because mobile client, makes it perfect.

Cbox is crap on mobile. I've never liked chat embedded on pages. It's so inconvenient.

18. SithLordOfSnark

Isn't that a contradiction? You like Titan Embed but you don't like embedded chat.

19. Death Kitten
    Kickass

I like having a way for people who don't (yet) have a discord to reach me. I can't effectively use an embedded chat on my phone, but I can use the discord app. This allows me to access the chat in the way that let's me be an effective admin, while opening up the access to reach more people.

Elena likes this.
  20. kaydrew

kaydrew Newcomer

I love C-box and plan to stick with it. however, considering also adding a Discord server as another chat option.

Elena likes this.