Character creation - guides and discussion

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by valucre, Jun 12, 2018.

1. valucre
    Magical

valucre Resident Game Owner

I couldn't decide between game design and management for the board to post this in, so went with game design because it has to do with the way that people construct a component in the game

The forum that I run has an open-ended profile database, which means that they aren't reviewed and require no approval process, so you see all kinds of weird and zany stuff in there since it doesn't have any concrete bearing on the game proper

That said, especially as we started getting more people new to roleplay in general and not just Valucre, we came out with a character creation guide to give people an idea of how to make a solid character that would provide months, maybe even years, of entertainment through interaction and development. And not just the strongest or most capable character

Here is our guide! - https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/resources/general/character-guide/

What I'd like to do in this discussion is invite other game owners and game creators to post their own guides as well so we can all see what other people are doing, see if there's a better way of doing things than you might already be doing, see if there are ways that we can all help to improve one another's games and raise the bar across the web

Looking forward to it!