Character Attributes

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Jason Luethy, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Jason Luethy

Jason Luethy Newcomer

I am creating a political RPG where players can create their own fictional nation and roleplay the nation and people. I would like to have characters in the game including politicians and business men with each one having attributes that have an effect on the nation, business, etc. I am writing this seeking advice on some different character traits for politicians and business owners and the effect they can have on different things.

2. valucre
    Magical

valucre Resident Game Owner

What do you have so far?

3. Jason Luethy

Jason Luethy Newcomer

I currently have Charisma, Corruptability, Likability, and Knowledge for politicians. For business people, I have Greed, Patience, and Education.

4. valucre
    Magical

valucre Resident Game Owner

I put it into a list format since that's easier for me to visualize.

Politician:
    Charismatic
    Corruptible
    Likable
    Knowledgeable

Executives:
    Greedy
    Patient
    Educated

Here is my current recommendation:

Politician:
    Charismatic - removed likable, basically same thing to me
    Corruptible
    Networked - replaced knowledge with social networking ability; politicians know people more than they know things, imo
    Legislate - an Action rather than a Trait, through which they can introduce things to Help or Hinder other politicians or executives

Executives:
    Corruptible (felt this was the same as greedy so just gave each one a reason they could be influenced)
    Patient
    Ruthless
    Industry - an Action rather than a trait, through which they can influence the look / feel / shape of the setting

This is just a first run and brainstorming so feel free to take or leave whatever you like or don't

5. Jason Luethy

Jason Luethy Newcomer

Thanks for the input. I had an idea but couldn't visualize it in my mind.