center bb tags

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ohsith, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohsith
    Yeehaw

ohsith Pickle Game Owner

Hello, not sure if it's an unavoidable issue for some people or if I need to double check my settings but it's been a while since I've had to use bb code. Anyway, for some reason, while setting up my signature, the center tags keep vanishing after I save the changes I've made. It looks fine in the preview, but as soon as I save, the tags either delete themselves. Any thoughts?

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Looks like you're using the wrong BB Code. You can highlight your signature and use the editor toolbar to center it like so:

upload_2017-11-1_23-42-15.png

Or use the center tag directly.
    Code:
    [CENTER]Your signature here.[/CENTER]
    More board-specific BB Code may be found here: https://www.rpgfix.com/help/bb-codes

3. ohsith
    Yeehaw

ohsith Pickle Game Owner

Nope, not using the wrong BB Code. Tried using both direct tags and the alignment options and while it looks fine in the preview, just how I want it, as soon as I save changes and then check to see if the changes have applied, the tags just vanish from the code.

4. I have the same issue here at Fix. In fact I've noticed many BBcodes won't work here, for example I tried to show a lass the other day how to resize images with the standard bbcode and it simply doesn't work.

5. Shriker
    Magical

@The Mother If the BB Code isn't listed here, then it won't work: https://www.rpgfix.com/help/bb-codes

If you're looking to have a specific BB Code added, I can do that. I just need to know what to add.

@ohsith As far as the centering goes, could you try logging out and back into 'Fix for me? I think that there may have been a permission cache for centering.

The Mother and ohsith like this.
  6. ohsith
    Yeehaw

ohsith Pickle Game Owner

Ahh, thanks for that, I had to log out and log back in a few times, but it worked.

Death Kitten likes this.
  7. Thank you for the reply @Shriker the bbcode for resizing images would be handy, sure as hell will soften the load on your data usage as well.

[img width= height= ] url [/img]

8. Shriker
    Magical

@The Mother Resizing an image in that manner does nothing in regards to saving data usage. The full image is still loading behind the scenes. I'll certainly look into some more bbcode options though. :)