Can't post my site

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Icarus243, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icarus243
    Balanced

Icarus243 Newcomer

Keeps saying the reciprocal link isn't there and it is.

My forum: http://galacticconquests.freeforums.net/

Scroll down to the bottom, to reciprocation. I put RPG fix in there.

Provider is proboards.

edit:

I got it to detect the link, but it's saying another error

"A reciprocal link back to RPGfix was found on your site, but it has "nofollow" attached. Please remove the nofollow attribute."

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Where did you link it? The URL does not appear to be on the page you linked, and the RPGfix bot will not spider/crawl pages except for ones that have been directly submitted. The bot additionally will not accept URLs that have been manipulated/changed by their host (often affiliate/banner scripts will do this). You need to be able to add the HTML link exactly as it appears, without any additional variables (such as the nofollow attribute, which makes linking back to RPGfix a little pointless).

3. Icarus243
    Balanced

Icarus243 Newcomer

Oh right, it's here. http://galacticconquests.freeforums.net/thread/271/rpgfix

Like i said i got the damn thing to detect it. But it keeps saying "nofollow" is on. I don't know how to turn it off.

Also another thing, I'm not the admin. I'm more or less the middleman that's the de facto advertising department.

I talked to my admin buddies and they say ProBoards doesn't have an HTML editor.

4. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with the Freeforums service. :( Is there a way to edit the global header/footer of your theme to add the RPGfix link? Or is that not possible?

5. RaWolfe
    Woot

RaWolfe Resident Game Owner

It's a function in ProBoards that allows affiliation with other sites. The problem might be that this sites websites or bot does not allow such function. The best thing you can do is alter the thread name, place the html code in there or BBcode and see if that works. It is a work around.