Brand New RPG - Getting Started

Discussion in 'Management' started by VixarePanda, Jun 5, 2019.

1. VixarePanda

VixarePanda Fresh Blood

Hello all!

I have been in the RPG community for over ten years now and only just decided to bring up my own site. Not only this, but I have also become a member on another new site who is currently in their "Soft Opening' phase.

I'm wondering what tactics/ techniques other forum owners have for enticing players into a new site? When I join something new, I look for a few different factors. Plot: whether their idea is interesting is obviously a big part of the decision. Species: do they have a decent spread? Do they allow creative juices to flow? And activity. This is where I get stuck for my site.
    The "Soft Opening" site I have joined had an amazing plot and a lovely attitude towards creativity with your character. However, there are a total of FIVE members. And since I joined, I have seen no one else join and no posts.
    My site has only myself and my co-admin. Thus, we obviously look "dead" despite only just opening

So my question to everyone here is this...
    How do you get people to join a site that has just opened if they are only seeing a small amount of activity on the front page?

2. FizzyElf

FizzyElf Fresh Blood

I have no idea, this is currently my problem as well. :( Hopefully someone has some advice for both of us...

3. EssGee

EssGee Newcomer Game Owner

You just have to advertise a lot, and try to maintain as much activity as you can with what members you have. Even if you only get a trickle of new people at first, if you make them feel welcome and plot with them, you'll soon start growing activity that will help attract more members in the future.

MeganChan likes this.
  4. I'm new here and i want to post my 2 games i don't understand this 10 thing