Attracting Members to Small genre rps?

Discussion in 'Management' started by Sheena, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Sheena

Sheena Newcomer Game Owner

I own a Lion rpg, which there is only one other out there that I am aware of that is alive. How would/should I go about gaining more members from other genres? I have 3 members currently and the 4 of us are active. The fourth one just joined actually, coming from a site we affiliated with. Any tips?

2. Mortain

Mortain Fresh Blood

Lion RP was huge back in the 2000-2010ish range. It's still out there, but hard to find. My recomendation is get on a pet web sim like Lioden and find players that way.

3. Flick
    Beer Lover

Flick Newcomer Game Owner

Try and see if you can advertise on some relevant subreddits. Affiliating with other animal RPs might help, too.

Grimscythe likes this.
  4. Melusine

Melusine Newcomer Game Owner

Advertisements and resource forums are another idea. Like, advertise and affiliate with other sites, post your ad on resource sites, maybe join some of those voting sites. There's also reddit and tumblr.

5. valucre
    Magical

valucre Resident Game Owner

I would suggest looking for a genre specific topsite list that you can submit your animal RPG to

I just put "animal rpg topsite" into google and got this: http://animustop50.gotop100.com/

Not saying it's the best one or anything but rather than doing a shotgun blast at RPers in general and hoping to find people who want animal RPGs, doing a rifle shot at people already looking for animal rpgs specifically is likely to net higher quality interest