Out of the box, XenForo defines gender as being either "male, female, or unspecified." This add-on removes the radio buttons and replaces them with a plain text field that your users may then enter anything into.
This add-on is not supported, as it modifies some of XenForo's core functionality, and will break any and all gender-based add-ons.
Why would you want to do this?
Why wouldn't you want to do this?
- You really don't care about gender demographics.
- You welcome people of all gender presentations.
- You don't mind people getting "creative" with their gender presentation.
- It will absolutely break many, if not all, gender-related XenForo add-ons.
- Marketers will lose the ability to target your users based upon their gender.
- You will not be able to search or group users by gender (eg. have male or female only boards).
- Gender as a Text Field has been deemed the Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. Usability Chaos.
- XenForo 1.2.x
- Upload files/directories underneath upload to your XenForo's root.
- Import the add-on XML using the add-on importer in your Admin CP.
This add-on is not supported as it is known to break many, if not all, gender-related add-ons.
Copyright / License
This project is released underneath the MIT License (MIT).