Hey there~

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Celebi, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celebi

Celebi Fresh Blood

Heyo hiyo! I'm Celebi, y'all may have seen me around so I'm the same one, yes. Ah, I'm a very long-time role-player, and an equally long-time forum admin. I started over 15 years ago doing verbal role-play with friends, and later discovered Xanga RP rings, and then MySpace (don't ever RP on MySpace or any of its knock-offs, the crowd is all idiot), Invisionfree, IPBFree and Jcink. One year I discovered SMF, and have never looked back. Though I have been tinkering with Nova, by Anodyne, and I really can't wait for Nova 3.

I started my first RP at 15. It's gone under by now (thank god), but I learned a lot. I am probably one of the few, if not the only one, to have kept a Bleach site running for over five years, and let me tell you, that is no small feat. I have another one in the works, and I'm actually branching out this year into Pokemon, with a Pokemon x SMT cross-over, so yay new waters. I'm a very curve-ball-y person to RP with. Random things happen around me. If I feel like a thread I'm in is slowing down, and I'm not quite ready to let it go, I will have something nigh totally off the wall happen. Like, character A and character B will be talking about the weather, and then something explodes. Or a watermelon falls out of the sky. Or lasers and ninjas and pirates invade. Oh my!

I'm from Kansas, USA, so I make random Wizard of Oz references, too. ;) I RP with too many Canadians and Aussies, though, so I spell like a not-American English speaker.

Ah... what else. Oh, I used to be a piggy-back hoster, offering admins that wanted to self-host but had no clue what they were doing use some of my server space, basically for free. But, I now 100% own my own server. I bought and set up the machine, it's in my basement, so I'm proud to say that since January 2015, I am an actual hosting provider. My server is actually quite powerful and speedy, and is on Google Fiber (1GB/s speeds - that's 1,000MB/s!). Due to Fiber's Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policies, I can't actually sell the space, but there's a donate option for those that want to. I don't mind doing it for free, though, and I do custom SMF skins (I'm... not to sound egotistical, but one of the best SMF skinners out there, and can modify SMF to do almost anything I want it to - even... pretend it's ProBoards if I was so inclined. Tabbed indexes, fancy profile and member list templates, avatars displayed on index, you name it, I can probably do it). I work tech support for an ISP, so believe me, nothing anyone gets lost doing can possibly upset me. Hahaha.

So yeah! Nice to meet you! =)

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

Hi @Celebi! What's your favourite Pokemon? :P

That's pretty awesome that you're a real skinning wizard! Do you also do any programming in addition kicking ass with HTML/CSS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.