Bug Votes not counting

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Tom Phoenix, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Phoenix

Tom Phoenix Fresh Blood

Greetings!

I've been regularly voting on the site for quite some time. I haven't had issues with doing so for the most part. But recently, I've started to notice that even though I still cast my vote the same way I've always done, my votes have not been adding to the vote score. I know this for certain, since I vote together with others and we keep track of the vote score. At least in my case, my votes have not been resulting in a vote score increase.

Just to be clear, I always log onto the site when I vote. And the site does at least register the fact that I voted, since attempting to do so again results in a notice that I've already cast my vote for the day. But all the same, my votes have not been counting.

I cannot say for certain whether this is a problem on my end or the site's. But regardless, I would like to request for help in solving this matter. I thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

It is likely that you were voting on a site that was using proxies in order to cheat. A few sites were flagged as having people cheating and so their votes were put into a holding queue before they are processed behind the scenes.

3. I have a similar though worse issue, as of last month I cannot vote at all, as when I do make the attempt a message is displayed that I have already voted. While I do understand that that for the reasons mentioned above, members using the same IP address will be flagged there is little I can do about that since we have only one computer in our family which belongs to my daughter. I will mention though I log in here not solely for the purpose of voting for her site, as I have been voting for other sites as well that I am not even involved with and that I do come here in the first instance to be an active member of Fix. Voting for sites in my case is secondary to me.

Elena and Shriker like this.
  4. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

@The Mother I'll see if I can flag your accounts as being "family accounts." Should help with the issue. :)

The Mother likes this.
  5. Thank you dear that would be fine, although please don't worry too much if you can't, it isn't a huge issue for me.