USS Joshua Norton (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Game News & Discussions' started by Death Kitten, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Death Kitten
    Kickass

Death Kitten Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Game Owner

USS Joshua Norton has submitted a site to the directory:
    Learn more about this site...

2. Death Kitten
    Kickass

We're in the process of bringing our first plot to a close, so if you're interested in joining us, now would be a fantastic time to start putting together a character!

3. Death Kitten
    Kickass

Super groups, telegram chat's gonna find you,
    Open to everyone,
    Open to everyone,
    Feeling like a number one
    Tonight the super group chat is gonna blind me

</filk>

We have a public chat on telegram now, if you want to meet some of the crew, ask questions, or just chew the cud. Please, join us!

https://telegram.me/ussjoshuanorton

Michael Aravan likes this.
  4. Death Kitten
    Kickass

Time for a new plot! Here's what's happening:

A retired member of Starfleet Intelligence is writing a tell all memoir but he dies before it's published. The Emperor's crew believes there's more to the case than meets the eye. The biggest secret in the memoir involves the Romulans and the circumstances under which they were brought into the Dominion war. Can the delicate and hard fought treaty between the Romulans and the Federation survive this information getting out?

5. Archaeon
    Bookworm

Archaeon Resident Game Owner

This sounds like a very exciting plot!

6. Death Kitten
    Kickass

So far it's shaping up to be, but we're really hoping to get more crew to share it with.

7. RPGfix

RPGfix Awesomesauce RPGfix Admin Curator Patron

:medal-g-r-p: Official April 2016 GotM Winner with 111 votes and 282 vote points!

Death Kitten likes this.
  8. Death Kitten
    Kickass

Our second plot is inching towards its conclusion, but we still have a few tricks up our sleeves. If you're thinking of joining, you should consider doing so soon in order to be in the next plot from the start.

9. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

And...... there is a new crew member :D

10. Death Kitten
    Kickass

We've gotten a few of those recently. ^_^

11. Mim
    Relaxed

Mim Resident Game Owner

:game::bear::heart: I noticed! Great going

12. Michael Aravan
    Angry

Michael Aravan Commanding Officer Game Owner

I received this message from the owner of the Joshua Norton this morning.

Death Kitten ☣: Due to an increase in hostility and passive aggressive behavior, as well as your characters pushing to behave in ways that aren't in keeping with Starfleet conduct, it's been decided you're are not suited for the Joshua Norton anymore. Thank you for the positive contributions you've made over the last two years. Your characters will be transferred off the ship, and your custom race will be retired from use. Your Nova account has been disabled, and you'll be kicked him the Joshua Norton discord server after I send this message.

Prior to this message, there was no attempt to reach out to me, no warning and no chance to discuss the matter.

The Joshua Norton is without direction and every attempt at doing a log is often met with interference from the owner of the sim. There is extremely cliquish behavior to the point where players not in the clique are excluded and left wondering what is going on with the missions. Anyone who disagrees with her in any way usually ends up blacklisted or booted from the sim without recourse, including several people who wanted to have a debate about things in chat that had nothing to do with Star Trek.

At the end of the day, the USS Joshua Norton is a sim doomed to failure.

Let this be a warning to everyone.

A Former Player

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Mim likes this.
  13. BlueDoctorMan
    Loved

BlueDoctorMan Blueberry Lemming

Hey Everyone,

I've been with this Sim for a year now and I absolutely love it. I get to be a kick ass crazy Bolian surgeon and it's a lot of fun to explore the different assets that Star Trek brings to the table. The command crew has helped me a lot with my writing and they're always open for my fun ideas. I take a bit after my character with my random thoughts, but they always help putting it in the story in a nice way.

After a year or so now here, I can recommend the Sim greatly. You get to join a nice group of people that love to explore life issues, star trek exploration and intrigue plots. We play occasional games with each other two and they've all become my friends. I really hope to see more people join so if you love Star Trek as much as I do, come take a look.

It's a great place to join!

14. RPGfix

RPGfix Awesomesauce RPGfix Admin Curator Patron

:medal-g-r-p: Official July 2018 GotM Winner with 111 votes and 282 vote points!