Games The Sims

Discussion in 'Chatterbox' started by Twisted, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Twisted

Twisted Newcomer

Does anyone here play The Sims? I have been playing it since the very first version was avaliable and I am hopelessly addicted to it!

What is your style of playing? Do you make stories with your characters or do you just live vicariously through your sims sometimes? Or are you the type to put them through hell and back?

I am all about creating houses my self but I do love to make stories with my Sims as well! What do you like and dislike about the newest version of the game?

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Newcomer

I really don't like the loading screens when moving from place to place on the Sims 4. Other than that. it's fine! I haven't played it in ages though.

I like to build houses. And then kill my sims.

3. SolemnSiren

SolemnSiren Newcomer

I really wish I had time to play the new Sims! I stopped after Sims 3, but I was very addicted to it in my earlier days. I loved making houses.

4. I used to play the sims but it seems like the kinda game you play in huge amounts for a short time and then you kinda get burned out for a while, am currently in burned out stage haha

5. europeanlass
    Badass

europeanlass Newcomer Game Owner

I remembered TS3's graphics were cool...when i got back to playing it somehow they looked crappy. Must be my laptop lol

6. Annastasia

Annastasia Newcomer

I've been playing since The Sims 2 came out and while I'm hesitant about the latest edition, I still play The Sims 3 like crazy.

7. MIshaMaisie

MIshaMaisie Newcomer Game Owner

I frickin' love The Sims. I haven't made the jump to 4 though. I'm still loving 2. :)

8. ElizabethBlack

ElizabethBlack Newcomer Game Owner

I haven't played Sims since Sims 2 came out... got the chromebook, had no disk drive so couldn't do it.

9. Jakolope

Jakolope Newcomer Game Owner

Oh man I love the sims. Particularly building houses (of all things?!) but it is also quite fun to make characters from RPs in them and then let them run free around town and watch chaos ensue. It's like your own personalized movie with your characters. The best >:D

10. TheDemonDoors
    Anime Lover

TheDemonDoors Newcomer Game Owner

I used to adore The Sims but idk... I just cause mayhem on it now and ignore their desires. My sims are usually deviants and if I happen to play a male sim, I just... It's guaranteed that almost, if not all, females will wind up pregnant. Small armies, ftw. I just hope that the mothers of my sim's children don't expect child support or sympathy. :P

11. hoangjonh

hoangjonh Newcomer

I like simulator game too :)
    Im playing The sim 4

12. Jakolope

Jakolope Newcomer Game Owner

Thanks to this thread I am now reinstalling the sims, goodbye afternoon....

13. Idle Omens
    Insomnious

Idle Omens Newcomer Game Owner

I have the game, I just don't seem to ever have the time to play it. Plus, learning the new system 4 has over 3 is a bit . . . well. Once I figure it out, I'll futz with modding it.

14. Candi

Candi Fresh Blood

I have been playing the Sims since it first came out and I sort of go in and out of it. Like, I'll play for a long time, just hopelessly addicted to it and then stop for awhile only to come back maybe a month later. IDK if I really have any complaints about the newer one and how I play really varies on my mood. Sometimes I just live through them, sort of using it as a distraction though sometimes I like to put them through hell and back, sometimes even killing them lol I love creating the sims more than anything, coming up with new ways to make them and all.

15. famoussTRSG

famoussTRSG Newcomer

I love the Sims 3. I had so many expansion packs and still play from time to time.

The sims 4 was a letdown however. I just didn't like it, anyone else agree?

16. VioletAmythest

VioletAmythest Newcomer Game Owner

I love Sims. I've been playing ever since 1 came out. My parents wouldn't buy me any of the expansions, so I ended up borrowing them off of a friend. By the time 2 came out, I had a job and Sims 2 Base Game was one of the first thing I ever purchased with my own money. I play 3 a little bit, but I'm hopelessly addicted to 2. Never touched 4 though due to money issues.

Playstyle wise I am my sims (mostly) benevolent Goddess, and I control every aspect of their lives, mostly trying to keep them happy. Lately I've been into doing challenges, ISBI and Test of Time mostly, because every family was starting to be come the same thing over and over again, no matter what idea I had during creation.

17. Cait
    Angry

Cait Resident Game Owner

I love Sims. I've been playing it since the beginning. However, I'm not super into Sims 4. I still love Sims 3--I'm a family/generation player, and I love the open world of Sims 3, the toddler life stage, and the Architecture Career Track & Babysitter Career Track. Sims 4 has pretty cool graphics, but I feel like it really missed the mark, especially by not having the toddler life stage and having a fairly useless baby life stage.

18. alphaSHIELD
    Chatty

alphaSHIELD Newcomer Game Owner

I tend to use sims 3 to take photos (posed) of horses for competitions etc. Basically i use it to let me tell stories and compete with horses as it were. I also occasionally use it for characters i rp as on other boards

19. MNHorus
    Cheeky

MNHorus Resident

I used to play sims3 and also got the sims4 but the amount of dlcs is insane..especially when they should have just added it to the main game after fleshing out sims3..ahh some companies just want to make money without ethics.

Cait likes this.
  20. molzify

molzify Newcomer Game Owner

My uncle bought the original Sims for my grandma who let me play and I was hooked! I missed out on Sims 2 but got Sims 3 and I'm hopelessly in love with it! I tried Sims 4 but personally I much prefer Sims 3.