Not Sure Where Else To Post This

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by SithLordOfSnark, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordOfSnark

SithLordOfSnark Resident Game Owner

I just tried to submit one of my sites to the directory, and it didn't work, saying your button isn't on my site - When it definitely is.

Any ideas?

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

It's likely that your site is mangling the URL so that it cannot be found. What platform & what hosting are you using? There have been a few sites in the past that I've had to manually white list because their host was being an interrupting cow with their links.

3. SithLordOfSnark

I am using jcink

4. Shriker
    Magical

I don't recall anyone having problems adding a JCINK site before, unless they've recently changed something. Are you adding the link to your site's home page? The RPGfix robot will only check the url that you submit to the directory (it won't crawl/spider onto any linked affiliate/links/sub pages for example).

5. SithLordOfSnark

I have it on the main page, with my other affiliates.

6. Shriker
    Magical

That certainly is strange. Could you please share the link here so that I can check it out?

7. SithLordOfSnark

8. Shriker
    Magical

Thanks! It looks like JCINK has indeed changed how they're serving the links. They're now adding a rel=" noreferrer" tag to all links, which is totally fine, but the RPGfix robot isn't recognizing them because they are scary and new. Robots sometimes, sheesh.

Anyway, I don't want to leave any JCINK games out in the cold. :heart-s: I'll get a fix in for you later today and let you know when it's okay to submit. :)

9. SithLordOfSnark

Thank you. :)

Shriker likes this.
  10. Shriker
    Magical

Hey @SithLordOfSnark! I looked into it, and my robot was getting all confused, but not exactly for the reason that I was thinking it was.

Your JCINK skin template is slightly malformed. In your skin template you currently have:

HTML:
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
        <head>
    Which might seem okay at first glance, but what it's actually doing is declaring an HTML doctype twice. It should instead look like this:

HTML:
    <!DOCTYPE html>
        <head>
    The other big thing is that your opening <body> tag isn't immediately following your closing </head> tag. This is something else that could be causing the robot to be confused. These are the two biggest things anyway (there could be others that I'm missing). If you want, you can share your JCINK template here and I could help you fix it up, or send it to me via PM.

11. SithLordOfSnark

I wouldn't even know where to start, since I never coded the site - I stay far away from coding.

12. Cyn
    Procrastinating

Cyn Newcomer Game Owner

I'm having the exact same problem with my jcink site! RPGFix won't acknowledge that the link is there, but it is.

The Last Island

13. Shriker
    Magical

Same error, but different issue. RPGfix can't see the link on your site because it's being URL masked/transformed by what looks to be an affiliate plugin on your site. The RPGfix bot does not follow URL masked links (as it will not index/spider websites as a rule), so it cannot tell that it is being linked to. Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to add the RPGfix link/button code to another section of your site, and not via that affiliate plugin. Sorry! D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.