Most Posts Award

Discussion in 'Management' started by Meushell, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Meushell

Meushell Resident Game Owner

Okay, last year I thought it'd be fun to reward the member who posted the most that year. Yea!

The top two posters were off by two posts (104 and 102). I thought, which such close numbers, I'd give it to both of them. Someone not getting it because they were behind by only two posts seems kind of sad.

This year looks like it'll be close again. For my own amusement, I checked to see where they are as of now. Those same two posters are actually tied in first (162), and another member is ten behind.

Now I'm kind of wondering, what should be the max cut off number for being behind? Like maybe five posts? Or should it depend on the number of posts?

Anyone else do some sort of reward for posting the most that year?

2. A percentage off may be good to use since it'd adjust for the count. Within like, 2.5% would mean if the top poster had 150, "tied" winners would need to be within 4 posts, but if the top poster only had 100, then they'd need to be within 2-3 posts.

As a board, 'Souls doesn't reward for most posts, but many individual packs award a special icon for being the top poster for a month. I don't think anyone does it on an annual basis because while we do have a pretty consistent player base, many players end up playing a lot of characters over the course of a year and it's harder to count overall posts between characters.

3. Meushell

Meushell Resident Game Owner

Some of our people have multiple characters too, though I didn't put that into consideration. I don't think it's made much of a difference. The top two posters last year, one had one character, and the other had two characters. I'll probably reconsider things if I see it becoming an issue.

People have said I have an advantage in having so many characters, but I think my running the game is what gives me more of an advantage. Not that is matters because I can't win anyway.

4. Elena
    Arthritic

Elena Resident Game Owner

I reward the highest poster character, not writer. And if you have 2 at tie and one rank closely, I would say "first place at tie" and "second place".

Morrigan likes this.
  5. Morrigan
    Cloud_9

Morrigan Resident Game Owner

I'm with Elena on this one.