Bug Issues with Voting

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Nezha, Feb 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nezha
    Spooky

Nezha Fresh Blood

Hi!

I have had an account here for several years now, but I recently noticed something peculiar.

The blurb for when you vote states that those logged in with an account will count as multiple points whenever they vote, which I know has been the case for me in the past. But now my votes only count as a singular point? Is it because I haven’t linked my discord to this site or is it something else getting kerfuffled?

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

No, there's no need to tie your account to Discord, etc. Without giving too much away about the voting algorithm, it is tied to certain types of activity on the forum itself. So the more active you are (on the forum), the more vote weight you get. And this of course can fluctuate (and decay).

Another thing is that vote points and vote scores are completely different. A vote point will always be one. Vote scores factor in vote weights, and will almost always be a higher number than the cumulative vote points.

3. Nezha
    Spooky

Nezha Fresh Blood

Ahh, so my inactivity on the forum has caused my “Vote Weight” to decay enough that my votes now only count for one point? You... you might want to mention that in your blurb.

4. Nezha
    Spooky

Nezha Fresh Blood

Actually, is it possible for a vote to count as less than 1 point?

5. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

No, it's not possible to get less than 1 point unless you get caught by the spam filter. Which is next to impossible with a registered account. It's more likely that the page was cached, as not everything is 100% real time.