Activating accounts?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Death Kitten, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death Kitten
    Kickass

Death Kitten Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Game Owner

Two of my players tell me they've tried to create accounts here, but neither seem to be activating correctly.

qaaya says she's made a comment but it's still sitting in moderation, and BlueDoctorMan says he's still waiting for a confirmation email.

Any ideas?

2. Shriker
    Magical

Shriker Shadowlack Owner RPGfix Admin Patron Game Owner

There is nothing broken with the sending of emails. It's more likely an issue with the email getting caught in a spam filter, so check spam folders.

3. Death Kitten
    Kickass

Death Kitten Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Game Owner

Okay, I checked with both players: BlueDoctorMan says he has been checking his spam filter, but hasn't seen anything. I know he's had some bouncing email issues with our game site, so do you get notifications if a verification email bounces? qaaya tells me she set up the account a while ago, but didn't remember getting a verification email, should I point her somewhere to try and get that verification email resent? (I am guessing at this point that's what's delaying their accounts being properly activated?)

I asked both of them to try posting to this thread, so I didn't have to play monkey in the middle, but I don't know if they'll be able to if they're both still moderated.