Boundless Sky takes inspiration from all corners of the sci fi genre - Firefly, the Expanse, and others - and adds our own creative twists. Climb aboard the Pomaika'i a Sila, a freight hauler with a new crew and a penchant for taking jobs just this side of legal.
We're a small, 18+ sci fi game focusing on the (mis)adventures of our little crew as they make their way across the Black, and we're looking for a couple more players to join our rag-tag group of experienced writers. This is a writing based, play-by-post roleplaying game done via Groups.io, using Discord for OOC communication. We use third person past tense when writing posts.
If you've never written in a play-by-post game before, it's essentially turn-based collaborative storytelling, with a strong focus, in our case, on the collaboration. Because this game is so small and the cast of characters by nature is so close-knit (being right up in each other's business most of the time), we need players who are eager to work together and dig into interpersonal plots as well as the overarching ones.
Also because the game is so small, we do have a few must-haves in who we're looking for, aside from our emphasis on collaboration and the ability to work together.
Because this game focuses on a shared story where every PC plays an equal part, above all of our requirements is collaboration! We need players who will take the initiative to work with each other and put forward their own ideas, as well. There is an overarching plot in this game, but you'll get out of it what you put into it.
- This is an adult game with adult themes, and no players under 18 will be allowed without exception.
- We are an LGBTQ+ friendly, anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-bigot game, without reservation. Characters may have personal opinions that differ in game, but we do not accept bigotry among our players.
- Joining this game is a commitment to being able to post at least once a week.
- We have a one character limit in this game. We want players to be able to focus on fully developing their one character and how they fit into the world around them.
- The character you make must be a permanent fixture on the ship, the Pomaika'i a Sila. In character, that might not be their plan - they may be using the ship as a way to get from point A to point B - but out of character, we need a plan from you to ensure that they stay on the ship.
- We are only looking for players who are interested in being part of a long-term game.
- Prospective players must be willing and able to communicate their needs and wants to the mods. If you need a break for RL or are unhappy at some point in the game, there's a lot we can do to help if we know that - but very little if it isn't communicated to us.
- Players with sci-fi knowledge are preferred, but all we really require is an interest in the genre and a willingness to bend on hard sci-fi concepts. While we do try to make things realistic where we can, we are definitely a blend of hard and soft sci-fi.
- No copycat characters. See 'Character Creation' on the website for details.
- We use Discord for all of our plotting, chatting, and most of our notifications or announcements. We use Groups.io for the actual writing part of the game. The reason for this is the organization, chronology, and archiving that Groups.io provides. If you are unfamiliar with either, we have many people who will be happy to help.
If this sounds like what you're looking for, check out our website and fill out the application form on the front page. Please take your time filling out the application - this isn't a first come, first serve situation, and more consideration will be given to those who have clearly read the website. We will leave the application open until all available roles are filled and will let anyone who wasn't chosen know via email.